fuzes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuzes

What brand and what amperage range do you use?
    1978 XS1100e Satin black untill I can afford some pearlescent red paint from house of color.
    1978 XS1100s Flat Black with a Windjammer and hard bags setup. (parts pig)

Hey "Vile",

Most folks have installed the SOLID ATCO style fuses, I think they are probably BUSS brand, but could be others. The range is what is recommended by Yamaha for each circuit....IIRC, the Ignition, lights are both 10A, the turns are 20, the main circuit is 30, the aux terminal is 10A.

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Apreciate it. The bike keeps popping fuzes i think maybe i was putting the wrong ones in, I will definitely adjust fire here and get good ones. Thank you.
      1978 XS1100e Satin black untill I can afford some pearlescent red paint from house of color.

Comment

I found some cool fuses at Autozone that actually light up when they blow! It makes finding the dead fuse in the dark a LOT easier! They do cost a little more though.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

I am a manager at Autozone. Those fuses would be great if they came in tube form. If they do, we do not have them at my store. I wish i was smart enough to set my bike up with one of those though.

Comment

Originally posted by vileneeds View Post
            I am a manager at Autozone. Those fuses would be great if they came in tube form. If they do, we do not have them at my store. I wish i was smart enough to set my bike up with one of those though.
            Get rid of that old tube-style fuse block. TC sells a perfect replacement block that uses the spade-style fuses. Takes about an hour to do the swap, and you'll never have to deal with the brittle tabs or questionable tube fuses again.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

I just went to work and bought a block and some blades....

Comment

So i put a 30 amp in the ignition one and it keeps popping. is it because it is a 30 and not a ten or do you think I may have a ground out some where?

Comment

If you have a 30 and it keeps popping that means you have something grounding out somewhere. Check for a wire with the insulation worn off, I'd check in the headlight bucket first, and then right behind there as in my limited experience with motorcycles those are to high wear areas for ignition related wires.
                  Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                  Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                  Vetter Windjammer IV
                  Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                  OEM Luggage Rack
                  Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                  Spade Fuse Box
                  Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                  750 FD Mod
                  TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                  XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                  XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I will go do that right now. I found out it is only the ignition fuze that is popping. I went back down to a 10 amp and lived a little longer for some reason. I will go check the wires and report back.

Comment

Popped my last ten amp fuze..... Moved to a twenty and found one wire (Bright blue in the bundle heading towrd the brakelight) that needed some E-tape. Fired right up. idled it for 5 minutes. Took it around the block twice. Carbs need to be synched something aweful. I bought that fuze block and it is one of those weird ones that all ground out to the same point so it has to go back in favor of one with flow through style guts. more to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by vileneeds View Post
                        Popped my last ten amp fuze..... Moved to a twenty and found one wire (Bright blue in the bundle heading towrd the brakelight) that needed some E-tape. Fired right up. idled it for 5 minutes. Took it around the block twice. Carbs need to be synched something aweful. I bought that fuze block and it is one of those weird ones that all ground out to the same point so it has to go back in favor of one with flow through style guts. more to follow.
                        Get ahold of the admin here TopCat, he sells a good replacement fuseblock for something like 11 bucks and it uses the blade fuses.
                        Nathan
                        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                        K&N Filter
                        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                        OEM Exhaust
                        ATK Fork Brace
                        LED Dash lights
                        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                        SS Brake Lines
                        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                        X