No announcement yet.

vacuum ignition advancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, Those dynacoils don't need a ballast resistor - just remove the resistor and connect the wires direct. Sounds like the wires under the left crankcover could be buggered though. I'd strip the whole mechanical advance unit, clean it and lubricate it then try again. I'd also check out the advance unit wire connections under the upper sidecover. Also all dynacoil wire connections - also is the rectifier bolted down firmly on the rear wire connections.
    Last edited by pgg; 11-27-2003, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I still say it sounds like a problem with the pick-up coil wires.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

thanks again people, it looks like ive no option but to get the soldering iron out.Oneday somebody will invent a bike with no electics......I hate rewiring
        is it true i dont need a ballast resistor
        It took me 2 months to rewire that.......I really do hate rewiring
        and if i leave the ballast resistor in will it cause any problems.!!!!!
        Oh and by the way i have fixed the central heating so at least ive got some heat back in the shed......
        trashed-it_triked-it

Comment

well having exhausted all other ideas , ihave finally done the rewire on the primary coils and to be quite honest i think i need new ones . the wire on the coils is that bad ,they actually disintergrated as i tried to get solder to still
          surely the primary coils themselves cant be that hard to get hold of. even here in the uk???
          trashed-it_triked-it

Comment

Ignition coils

Dave, if you don't have any luck finding some coils in the UK, then I may be able to help. I have two XJ11's that I'm parting out, and I still have the coils. If you are interested, e mail me at xs11parts@hotmail.com.

Comment

hi dave,happy xmas,have you tried d and k in stoke i think they will have a set of coils,let me know how you get on.

Comment

merry christmas scoobes
                by the time ive finished i could have bought a new machine ,,,,,but heh, it gives me something to do....
                trashed-it_triked-it

Comment

Working...
                X