Back Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Tire

Has anyone tried the Avon AM26 Roadrider Rear Tire? I decided to go with this one since I've herd good things about Avon tires. I went through a Bridgestone Spitfire II and a Kenda Challenger, it was now between a Pirelli Sport Demon and the Avon AM26 Roadrider. Should be here Tuesday.
    Some make 'em, most just make payments on 'em!
    1978 XS 1100E
    Vance & Hines Slip on Straight Shot Exhaust
    K & N Air filter
    Home built forward controls
    Vulcan Mustang seat
    A little chopped

http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz42/Brad_099/

Wooohooo... another tire thread...

BTW for the English speaking amongst us forgive the Americanisation of the Tyre.

Seriously though Roadrunners, like any other tire have both good and bad press. I have them on my XJR and i'm happy with them. I currently have Bridgestones on my 11 and I think they're crap, but others I know with the same tires on different bikes have the polar opposite opinions. Tire choices are subjective and depend on many factors, including weight, riding style, predominant road and weather conditions in your area, etc. What suits a 220lb guy riding the superslabs in warmers states may not be the best choices for a 150lb guy riding chip seal in colder northern states.

I will say though, that the Pirelli's are aimed more at the sport bike market and may be a little soft in the compound to work well on 550+ lb bikes.

JMHO and doesn't have to matter to anyone but me.
    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

I have the Avon RR's on the 750 and I really like them. Very responsive, and solid, great grip, and wear seems good too. I have Chen-shing on my XS11 (put them on during a budget crunch and low riding time) and will replace them with Avons when the time comes. I wish I could fit Dunlop Road Smarts, I really like them on my FJR
      2005 FJR 1300 "Mission" (NON ABS)
      1979 XS 1100 SF "Visitation" Owned since 1984 - SS Brake Lines, TKAT fork brace, Progressive Fork Springs.
      1978 XS 750 D "Motivation" - 9" rear custom shocks, dropped front end, shaved seat

When Caged:2006 Jeep Commander, 1986 Cutlass 442, 1976 Porsche 912E (latest project)

Comment

I have an Avon Venom on the front of my F and I like it. The Spitfire on the rear didn't last very long at all. I rode the least last year (~7000 mi) and it wore out quicker than the chen shing that was on the season before. The venom is on its second season and looks like it will last a few more at least.
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Working...
        X