Carb Sync Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Sync Gauge

Has anyone tried out this carb sync gauge? MOTION PRO® SYNC PRO™ CARBURETOR TUNER. It is avaliable at my local dealer, I know its not a Morgan Carbtune Pro, but it will it do the trick? Does this type of tool help? Thanks guys....Brad
    http://www.agrisports.ca/eshopprod_c...O_CARBURET.htm
    Some make 'em, most just make payments on 'em!
    1978 XS 1100E
    Vance & Hines Slip on Straight Shot Exhaust
    K & N Air filter
    Home built forward controls
    Vulcan Mustang seat
    A little chopped

http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz42/Brad_099/

Not good I've heard from shop mechanics that used it. Problem seems to be the liquid sometimes doesen't all return back down properly at times. I still am using the MotionPro mercury sticks, and other than a bit of contamination still working good but need replacing. Spend the extra bit and go with Morgan.....you'll be glad U did.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

This is what I have had and used for the last 10+ years. Mine is yellow and oler design, is a bit finicky, but it works. You have to tap and wiggle and blow to get it settled before sync'ing but overall it works. If you sync obsessively you will want something different, but if you do the annual or semi annual sync, or only when you remove the carbs, this will be fine.
      2005 FJR 1300 "Mission" (NON ABS)
      1979 XS 1100 SF "Visitation" Owned since 1984 - SS Brake Lines, TKAT fork brace, Progressive Fork Springs.
      1978 XS 750 D "Motivation" - 9" rear custom shocks, dropped front end, shaved seat

When Caged:2006 Jeep Commander, 1986 Cutlass 442, 1976 Porsche 912E (latest project)

Comment

It is about the same as the Morgan so why not just get the morgan?
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Get the Morgan

I looked at a money conversion scale and right now you can get the Morgan WITH all the adapters plus the case for just over 100.00 Canadian SHIPPED!! 101.14 to be exact. I ordered mine and it was in my mailbox 9 days later. I know some have waited longer Much longer in fact. But it is worth the money and the wait. Just my .02
          Rob
          82 XJ1100
          Stock..With a few cosmetic changes.
          Current Project..Dad's 81 1100 Special

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/RiderXJ/

Comment

Working...
          X