Horn/Starter buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn/Starter buttons

Kibokojoe's Yamaha XS650Starter and Horn buttons and springs for 70's and 80's Yamaha and Kawasaki motorcycles

I found this source for horn/starter buttons. Anyone dealt with them? www.freewebs.com/kibokojoe/

$5 for either the plastic button or aluminum. Reasonable shipping. They have some great instructions also for doing the replacement.
    '81 XS11 LH (MNS)

"On a scale of 1 to 10, I have an eleven!"

"Excess is easier to say than XS,"

That's the first time Ive seen the metal button offered. I have one I took out of a parts switch.The plastic is the weak link. Good find .
    79SF
    XJ11
    78E

Comment

They look good but I would go with the plastic to prevent rust or corrosion or anything similar. Maybe even an electrical shock if your fingers are wet
      '79 XS11 Special

MikeXS Pods
      Green Coils
      SS Brake Lines

Comment

Kibokojoe's aluminum buttons are a common upgrade on the XS650. It will never break.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

i have bought from him. Nice buttons and he posted them to Australia with no problems.
          Melbourne, Australia. XS1100RH

Comment

I've been curious about these as well. For those who have bought the aluminum ones, do you like them better than the plastic ones? Experienced any downsides to them?
            XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
            -- Jack Burton

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              I've been curious about these as well. For those who have bought the aluminum ones, do you like them better than the plastic ones? Experienced any downsides to them?
              The aluminum ones don't wear out and crack, but you have to paint them and the paint can chip or wear off. Those I know (I know quite a few in the XS400 crowd) who got the aluminum ones were very happy with them, I got the plastic one and I'm very happy with it as well. The only way I can tell if from the OEM button is that it doesn't have the little depression in the center of the button like the OEM button did. You can't even tell unless you're looking for it and KNOW what your looking for and you have to almost put your nose right up against it. If I was doing a full restore, I would replace BOTH buttons at the same time, then you would NEVER know.
              Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
              Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
              Vetter Windjammer IV
              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
              OEM Luggage Rack
              Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
              Spade Fuse Box
              Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
              750 FD Mod
              TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

The aluminum ones don't wear out and crack, but you have to paint them
                Or not. I have no problem with a silver button.
                79SF
                XJ11
                78E

Comment

Xschop at one time did offer these buttons in stainless.
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights
                  Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines
                  Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I got two of the aluminum buttons in. They look great. Broke the soldered wire trying to reinstall. Will resolder and see if it works. I'm happy with the button. Quick service, and will last as long as I own the bike. Kim
                    '81 XS11 LH (MNS)

"On a scale of 1 to 10, I have an eleven!"

"Excess is easier to say than XS,"

Comment

Working...
                    X