Center stand needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center stand needed

The 82 XJ1100 I bought last year doesnt have a center stand. Some previous owner took it off. Don't know what he was thinking. I need to find one to put on it. They only made this model 1 year but will other years or models fit as long as they are the 1100.
    I will keep searching ebay.
    Thank's

The part number for the center stand is 3H3-27111-01-00.

It is the same for the XJ1100 Maxim and the XS1100 Special. I didn't look up the XS1100 standard.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

xj 1100 center stand

Thank's Marty. I have looked on ebay before and found nothing. But tonight there it was. Center stand off of a 82 XJ 1100.
      Bought it. Now it will be easier for oil changes. I mounted a wheel chock to the floor to be able to remove the wheels to change the tires this spring.
      Vaughn in Pa

Comment

should of held off a little I would of sold u mine for cheap...25 plus shipping.. I think that is cheap anyway
        _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
        1980 gs1000g "stock"
        1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
        2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Seeing some pictures here I noticed the engines don't have that ugly black paint that always comes off. Are owners cleaning them off and polishing them. They look a lot better.
          Vaughn

Comment

Not all models have the engine painted black. And some that are not, the PO or CO painted black. I have a black engine sitting in my garage waiting to be used, but I gotta finish polishing the fins first.
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

IIRC, the only models where the engine was factory painted black would be the MNS (here in the USA anyway.). The 81 and I believe the XJ had the cylinder jugs painted black with the edges of the fins polished back to aluminum. And the valve cover painted black with the slots on top polsihed aluminum. But all else on the engine was polished aluminum or a shony grey paint to match the aluminum color. All previous models the entire engine was painted grey or polished aluminum.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Working...
              X