Fuse Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse Box

Will this fuse box work it was all they had, headlight fuse holder broke...and ignition one too. yay!
    '79 XS 1100F

Apparently the hot goes on the stud and each out on current fb goes on the blades???thanks in advance.
    '79 XS 1100F

Comment

You might be able to stretch it to work for the 3 circuits that have the brown wire on the one side cause they are in common with each other, but the other circuit is isolated from them and will require a dedicated circuit. You might be better off to just get inline units until you can get the one from TC, as that one does work without modification of the circuits and all.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

That could be made to work. At least on the 81 models, Power starts offgoing through the main fuse, which feeds the main/key switch. There are four fuses in the stock fuse box, three get power from the one brown/tan wire (it gets spliced to feed three fuses, two with smaller wire) that comes from the main switch, and the other gets power from the blue wire (tail light circuit), which also comes from the main switch. So essentially, all get powered from the main switch.

The best replacement I have seen on here to date is the one TC buys in bulk and resales. I've put five of them in so far and all go in flawlessly and conveniently.
        Last edited by DGXSER; 05-15-2011, 04:39 PM.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by perurider View Post
          Will this fuse box work
          Yes it will. I took mine apart and disconnected the right hand section for spare fuses and put my main fuse in a seperate in line holder. Three of the brown wires can go to the common.

2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
          X