I'm trying to save my grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to save my grips

I did a search and found quite a few threads on grip removal without destroying the grips...I however am having no luck...I've tried warm water, i've tried carb cleaner, i've tried compressed air...and i'm having no luck...does anyone have any other tips for me? I'm not worried about being able to put the grips on...just take them off...without destroying them...
    Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
    Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

You'll probably need to take off the MC and mirror mounts to get better access to them, use a small/narrow phillips screwdriver to stick down inside the grip and then spritz some WD40 or similar and wiggle/walk the screwdriver around the grip 360 degrees to break contact/grip and spread the WD40, etc., then you should be able to slide them off.

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
    X