Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram

It was too cold to work on the bike today, so I did this instead.

Wiring Diagram

I'm going to charge 5 bucks for it...no, 10 bucks, ya that's the ticket. So if anybody wants it....

Actually all you have to really do is download it

Please let me know of errors and omissions. Specifically, there's a Brown/White wire from the Lead Switch that connects with the Black wire I think there are some other "discrepancies?" as well but too many beers have made it difficult to remember........

Thanks
    Bob
    1979 XS1100F

Originally posted by forexbob View Post
    Specifically, there's a Brown/White wire from the Lead Switch that connects with the Black wire I think there are some other "discrepancies?" as well but too many beers have made it difficult to remember........
    Bob, what's a Lead Switch? Do you mean the Head(light) Switch?

The only Brown/White wire I see in your schematic is the one that runs from the turn signal switch to the flasher and that's correct but I could have missed something. That should be the only Brown/White wire.

The Chocolate (dark brown) wire to the left turn signal indicator isn't connected all the way to the lamp. I haven't looked much deeper into the schematic but I'll try to proof it if I can.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Bob,
      NOW your in trouble!! I had Scott up for the Dream Machines, and now he needs to pick apart the hard work of some poor soul.
      Yeah, we will find a few problems, but that is why you send it out to friends, to pick it apart and buy you a beer after!
      Scott, the lead switch is the timing for the auto cancel on the turn signals. And, this is for the '79 ONLY, as the '78 has a headlight switch that is NOT on any other year.
      Last edited by DiverRay; 05-03-2011, 11:32 PM.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Thanks, Ray, he did ask!

Yes, the Brown/White wire is to the flasher. There shouldn't be any other Brown/White wires. There is a Brown/Yellow wire for the 4-way flasher but the '78E/'79F doesn't have them unless someone replaced the wiring harness with one from a later year/model.

I have a good '79F wiring harness that I can check/verify against but no '78E with its right handlebar headlight switch and the wire to the headlight relay (Dimmer Switch in the schematic).
        -- Scott
        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
        1979 XS1100F: parts
        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
        X