No announcement yet.

bought a second xs1100. Am I nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! At $500 it's great. I think those pipes are Jardine turnouts on a factory head pipe...just a guess.
    You're not crazy until you own more than four and they spend the winter in your living room. I had four at one point but only ever had two in the house.
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
      that kinda looks like it might be 81 gas tank. look at the knee indents on the side of the gas tank. If they are round it is gonna be a regular standard gas tank,if the front edge of the indent is flat and it's taller then its gonna be 81 gas tank which is a special larger gas tank.
      Are you suggesting it has a Venture tank? Looks normal size to me... kinda ugly with those bars on it IMO, otherwise its a nice looking bike.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

It looks a bit taller to me, but with the repainting you can't distinguish the knee indents really.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
        X