79 Yamaha XS1100 1100 FRAME CHASSIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 Yamaha XS1100 1100 FRAME CHASSIS

there is a frame on ebay buy it now for 29.98 shipping is 140.00 but if you live near Massillon, Ohio could get a pretty good deal...click on the picture to go to the auction
    Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
    Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Originally posted by g15usmc View Post
    there is a frame on ebay buy it now for 29.98 shipping is 140.00 but if you live near Massillon, Ohio could get a pretty good deal...
    Hi Nate,
    yeah, $30 if you pick it up or $170 delivered to your door.
    Those who regret their hardtailing adventure should leap at it.
    Providing the frame comes with a title.
    If it don't they'll have a tad more cut'n'weld to do.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I would ask for the VIN form them and check for a title. I had one bad go around with these folks before. They tend to not know what they are selling or want to check to figure it out.

There is a difference between a Special and a Stadard frame also.

That price works out to be more than the scrap yard will pay for the frame, so I guess they would sell for that.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

That place is just a bunch of part mongers. They buy up tons of bikes and just part them out.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

And have NO clue what they are selling. I got a set of XJ shocks and a set of XJ front pegs both sold as XS pegs that they INSISTED were XS parts not XJ parts (and 82 XS parts to boot) for really cheap. But since they were what I wanted and I knew they were what I wanted, I got a good deal, but you can get really ripped off if you don't know what your doing with them. They are real #1 idiots that's for sure. But that can make them really easy to take advantage of when they're being stupid the right way (and they are just as often as not.)
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
            And have NO clue what they are selling. I got a set of XJ shocks and a set of XJ front pegs both sold as XS pegs that they INSISTED were XS parts not XJ parts (and 82 XS parts to boot) for really cheap. But since they were what I wanted and I knew they were what I wanted, I got a good deal, but you can get really ripped off if you don't know what your doing with them. They are real #1 idiots that's for sure. But that can make them really easy to take advantage of when they're being stupid the right way (and they are just as often as not.)
            Yep, I've bought some Harley parts from them, and had pretty much the same experience. Got screaming deals because they didn't know what the parts were...... but saw other parts that were overpriced and misindentified to boot. Caveat emptor!!!
            Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
            '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
            '82 XJ rebuild project
            '80SG restified, red SOLD
            '79F parts...
            '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
            '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
            '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
            '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
            Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
            Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Ive bought from them before. When I see something on Ebay and find out its them, My smile turns upside down.
              79SF
              XJ11
              78E

Comment

The last thing I wanted to hear is what you guys just said. I have some stuff on the way from them. Ordered and paid on the 13th so should be here soon.
                2-79 XS1100 SF
                2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

My experience was headlight ears. I wanted XS SPecials, they sold me XJ. They do not swap. Then I noticed they listed every part form the bike as XS and not XJ. TCI, Seat, Tank, everything.

I politely informed them they had an XJ and not an XS, even explained how they could look at the VIN and the parts (specifically the TCI with the 10M on it) and figure it out. They politely told me they were going by the titel and that was that. I reitterated to them that I was a bit of of an XS efficianado, and knew what they had and explained how they were listing parts wrong and would cause more people than me problems. They replied in polite terms but basically told me to go take a flying leap at a rolling donut.

So I returned their parts and never bought another thing from them. I do learn sometimes.
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

same thing

Bought from them and seat was mismarked. From a 750 not 1100. Didnt fit and I was stuck with it.

Never again from Pinwall.

You know I bet they do it on purpose. More people looking for XS 1100 parts than XJ or triple stuff.

John
                    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                      Bought from them and seat was mismarked. From a 750 not 1100. Didnt fit and I was stuck with it.

Never again from Pinwall.

You know I bet they do it on purpose. More people looking for XS 1100 parts than XJ or triple stuff.

John
                      If they mislabeled it you should have been able to get your money back. Would probably have to fight with ebay a little though.
                      Nathan
                      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                      K&N Filter
                      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                      OEM Exhaust
                      ATK Fork Brace
                      LED Dash lights
                      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                      SS Brake Lines
                      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                        If they mislabeled it you should have been able to get your money back. Would probably have to fight with ebay a little though.
                        Never once had to fight when that has happened. Simple put into contest and either get my money back within a day or two from the vendor direct, or a few days later from paypal. I have never had any more trouble than that. That said, I pay very close attention to pictures and descriptions, and if there is ANY doubt I ask questions, and save the answers in my ebay list just in case. Fact is, they are stupid enough that while those who don't pay attention will get ripped off by them, but those who do can rip them off (I have twice now, got parts at less than 1/3 what they were worth, and in very good condition too), all because they were mismarked. Just like I got a good deal on a Vetter trunk for like 1/4 market cause the guy marketed it as a goldwing trunk instead, and nobody else bid so I got it for the minimum while others were going to 4 times what I paid for his and the others were in the same or worse condition. I did clue him in on the saddlebags that he didn't sell, so when he relisted he put Vetter in the listing.
                        Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                        OEM Luggage Rack
                        Spade Fuse Box
                        750 FD Mod
                        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Yep, I've had the same experiences as Cy. In fact, I've gotten parts for free when what they sent didn't match the listing. I bought a standard speedo/tach set, and the listing showed a 160 speedo; what showed up was a 85 mph unit, and when I called them on it, I got a full refund (including shipping) and they didn't want the parts back. Free tach!!!

Since they changed the feedback rules a year or so ago, sellers have to be very careful about bad feedback, but you still have to pay attention. If you do your homework, most sellers will refund/cancel the sale rather than face getting any negative feedback.

Pinwall isn't very bright about knowing what they're selling, but they usually don't over-price their parts...
                          Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                          '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                          '82 XJ rebuild project
                          '80SG restified, red SOLD
                          '79F parts...
                          '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                          '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                          '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                          '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                          Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                          Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
                            Yep, I've had the same experiences as Cy. In fact, I've gotten parts for free when what they sent didn't match the listing. I bought a standard speedo/tach set, and the listing showed a 160 speedo; what showed up was a 85 mph unit, and when I called them on it, I got a full refund (including shipping) and they didn't want the parts back. Free tach!!!

Since they changed the feedback rules a year or so ago, sellers have to be very careful about bad feedback, but you still have to pay attention. If you do your homework, most sellers will refund/cancel the sale rather than face getting any negative feedback.

Pinwall isn't very bright about knowing what they're selling, but they usually don't over-price their parts...
                            Yep, if your careful and methodical, and keep record of all interactions, and they screw up, you can and WILL get your money back, including shipping costs if the product was not as described, especially if what they ship doesn't look like the photos in the auction. I ordered (from someone else not pinwall) some brake pads, they came in and didn't look right. Send them an email with picture of the pads sitting next to the box (which was marked as being the right part) and they sent me the right part the next day. The box looked the same, the box had been misfilled. They didn't want them back, probably not worth processing them back in. I'll be ordering my next set from the same vendor as they took good care of the situation very quickly with no questions asked. And I'll buy from pinwall, as they always show a picture, so I'll only buy what I know I can use, and it's almost always a great deal, and if it's not what they say and picture it as being, I WILL get my money back (and if they don't give it voluntarily it will be a black mark for them, doesn't take very many of those to lose their vendor account).
                            Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                            OEM Luggage Rack
                            Spade Fuse Box
                            750 FD Mod
                            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                            XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

frame

That frame is a 79 special. I agree that those A-holes mislabel things just to sell them. Don't ask how I know
                              put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
                              79 F (Blueballs)
                              79 SF (Redbutt)
                              81 LH (organ donor)
                              79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
                              76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
                              rover has spoken

Comment

Working...
                              X