No announcement yet.

Number One Cylinder Not Firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely think its the carb. I could be wrong....but it sounds just like the prob I had.
    '81 sh " Maime" The Nature of The Beast

Comment

Yup

Sounds like the carb if injecting gas makes it fire ! You did clean the carbs before but it took me about 5 trys before i got mine right >>>>>>>>MITCH
      Doug Mitchell
      82 XJ1100 sold
      2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
      2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
      1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
      47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

number one cylinder

Well thats what I'm doing for my problem. Sending my carbs to the shop to be cleaned and rebuilt. Hopefully it cures what is wrong with my cylinder. I'll let you know, keep us posted as well
        Bob

Comment

Does anyone disagree that I am now back to the #1 Carb being the root cause of this problem?
          Looks like it...
          XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
          Guzzi 850
          Z1000

Comment

before you take the carbs of and send them away at great espence,try this.remove the air box completly of the bike,get the bike running till warm,get the engine to about 5 thou rpm,then the carb that is not running properly put your hand over the mouth of the carb to block of the air in take altogether,this is with the engine running,while you have blocked it off with you hand rev the bike up even more you may find that the suction from the engine could clear the blockage,this worked for me as i had the same problem with a xs that i got from the states,it had been stood for about 6 years,let me know if it works.

Comment

That sounds pretty scarey. Could that hurt your hand?

Originally posted by scoobes
              (snip)put your hand over the mouth of the carb to block of the air in take altogether,this is with the engine running,while you have blocked it off with you hand rev the bike up even more you may find that the suction from the engine could clear the blockage,this worked for me as i had the same problem with a xs that i got from the states,it had been stood for about 6 years,let me know if it works.
              Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Might burn the hair off your fingers if it happens to backfire Other than that, should not be too much else that could go wrong as long as it doesn't startle you and cause you to lurch backwards and trip over the cat, causing you to fall to the floor and bump your head on the workbench...
                Ken Talbot

Comment

no,it will not.your engine only sucks in through the carbs on the induction stroke,it did not burn mine and it sorted the carb out,dont let your cat in the garage and dont be to negative,think posative

Comment

I gotta give this one a try !! Besides, I've got way too much hair on my knuckles anyway...

Comment

Working...
                    X