Need title help......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need title help......

I'm wanting to put my 1100 on the road for the first time since its been finished. My prob is: no title, and I live in S.C. Here, if no title to transfer, you get no title! I've tried 3 times. Can anyone help out? I have no idea who bought it first...and I've tried the ...send a reg. letter to the last known owner bit, that gets you no where as well....I've had the vin. # checked by the police to make sure it hasn't been stolen...it checks out ok.
    At this time:
    1985 Goldwing Innr.
    1976 cb 750 cafe racer
    2007 vtx 1300
    81 sx 1100 s h
    81 sx 400 special

Same idea here in NY... I've tried to get a title from NY Title Bureau with no luck. Of course they don't give you all the options on how to go about getting one either! Do a search on title and you will come up with more info on this subject. Some people have used International Title Service with success. I've considered trying them but went on their facebook page and a few people were complaining they took their money and never delivered! IDK if they are still in business or not but it sounds like our best bet if they are still open... otherwise unless you have family or a friend in CA who could put it on the road in CA then transfer ownership back to you... (my understanding is they don't use titles in CA for proof of ownership to register motorcycles).
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

title

Thanks W......yes I tried to go with a fam member that lives in Ga. The prob there is: if its an 85 or older it doesn't need a title, they just let you reg. it. They wont give you a title if you don't have one already????? If I had one I wouldn't need to get one DAAAAAA! So...in Ga. if there isn't a title on a 85 or older you wont get one! So anyone here in S.C. wanting to buy a bike on craigslist or what ever and it hasn't got a title....walk away!
      At this time:
      1985 Goldwing Innr.
      1976 cb 750 cafe racer
      2007 vtx 1300
      81 sx 1100 s h
      81 sx 400 special

Comment

I recently inquired of Ohio BMV on this issue. They told me I would need to get a court ordered title, which I first need to get a letter of denial from the BMV.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

title

DG....whats that cost?
          At this time:
          1985 Goldwing Innr.
          1976 cb 750 cafe racer
          2007 vtx 1300
          81 sx 1100 s h
          81 sx 400 special

Comment

Search for bonded title... I think that might be almost the same thing you are talking about.
            '79 XS11 F
            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
            Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Don't have a clue. I just see so many decent looking bikes for sale locally as parts bikes because they have no title.

It frustrates me to think of the number of decent machines becoming junk laying in a field or the local bike grave yard because someone decided they no longer want or care about it and just left it sit somewhere, a storage lot, a farm field, a house that got foreclosed on. I think it is a huge waste of resources and property that there is no choice but to junk them. So I contacted the BMV and said so. That is how they responded.

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

title

Hummmmm....I'll look into that W......I've heard it all. Someone told me to find a bike machanic to do a lean. People have work done and don't ever come back to pay up. After 30 days its the shops bike. So...they can sell it to me????
                At this time:
                1985 Goldwing Innr.
                1976 cb 750 cafe racer
                2007 vtx 1300
                81 sx 1100 s h
                81 sx 400 special

Comment

title

I know Dg.......so many good projects out there and just going to waist. Wished I had a good Congressman to look into this! NO wait....Government helping......LOL...LOL...LOL!!!!
                  At this time:
                  1985 Goldwing Innr.
                  1976 cb 750 cafe racer
                  2007 vtx 1300
                  81 sx 1100 s h
                  81 sx 400 special

Comment

Yeah, it apparently takes them months to figure out how much money they don't have they are going to spend in the next twelve months, and what their pay raise should be to go with it of course!. They have no time left for such silly things as ways that the government is making it imposible for the people who need help the most, to be able to economically help themselves and free up some resources.

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

titled frame?

Could you buy a titled frame only? If they never inspect it you could be riding soon and then swap the motor and stuff next winter?

John
                      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

title....

We are going communist in a hurry......for you younger folks.....that's a bad thing!
                        At this time:
                        1985 Goldwing Innr.
                        1976 cb 750 cafe racer
                        2007 vtx 1300
                        81 sx 1100 s h
                        81 sx 400 special

Comment

This might be another lead... check with local custom bike builder and see how they get a title for hand made bikes... might be able to get some type of custom title... they might be willing to help?
                          '79 XS11 F
                          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                          Stock, no title.

Comment

title

That might work WM......
                            At this time:
                            1985 Goldwing Innr.
                            1976 cb 750 cafe racer
                            2007 vtx 1300
                            81 sx 1100 s h
                            81 sx 400 special

Comment

Title

Hay JW......thats an idea..........my 1100 is named Diablo......its been the devil all along!
                              At this time:
                              1985 Goldwing Innr.
                              1976 cb 750 cafe racer
                              2007 vtx 1300
                              81 sx 1100 s h
                              81 sx 400 special

Comment

Working...
                              X