YICS eliminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YICS eliminator

i went to install the eliminator in my XJ. It slid in a little farther than 3/4 of the way then wouldn't go any further.I pulled it back out and there was carbon on the shaft....my problem is that the seal at the end of the shaft did not come back out how do i retrieve it and what is the best way to clean the passage out?
    82 XJ1100
    Regina,Saskatchewan,
    Canada

2006 V-Star 1100 custom

Might try a shop vac adaptation to a small hose that will fit in the tube or make a long pick out of a clothes hanger. I cleaned mine with a rifle bore brush and lots of carb cleaner spray.
    I use nylon air brake hose for lots of projects . maybe could use some 1/4" to make a long air compressor blow tip and stick in all the way in and blow that seal out. Can get it cheap at any truck parts
    79SF
    XJ11
    78E

Comment

The coat hanger trick should work. You can use a strip of cloth secured on the end of the wire as a swab to clean out the hole.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Both of the previous methods mentioned should work. If you need more O-rings, just let me know.

Larry
        Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
        http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
        82 XJ1100
        80 XS1100G (Project bike)
        64 Yamaha YA-6
        77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
        See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Working...
        X