XJ11 Snorkel photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ11 Snorkel photo?

After many delays I'm about to put the airbox back in the XJ11 & sad to say but I don't have any "pre removal" photos of the snorkel properly snugged into it's resting place. Any photos of said snorkel under the seat so I can see how to aim it during insertion?

I have an apparent case of CRS & need all the help I can get...

Suggestions?

Thanks
    82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

On the XS the opening of the snorkel faces towards the rear of the bike... not sure if its the same for the XJ... It should only fit one way!
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
      On the XS the opening of the snorkel faces towards the rear of the bike... not sure if its the same for the XJ... It should only fit one way!
      It does face the back of the bike
      82 XJ1100
      Regina,Saskatchewan,
      Canada

2006 V-Star 1100 custom

Comment

Originally posted by lancelot455 View Post
        It does face the back of the bike
        Here is a pic

82 XJ1100
        Regina,Saskatchewan,
        Canada

2006 V-Star 1100 custom

Comment

G'morning,

Yes, I remember it faces backward but does it go on top of the battery & what wiring or such has to be moved aside to get it in there.

Someone here was kind enough to send me some photos of Carb positioning & was going to send photos of airbox insertion but my laptop hard drive crashed and now only makes clicking sounds. With that went almost a month of data I'd gleaned on what to do & I lost all the emails received over that time.

I'd decided to go with pods just to make it all easier but then decided not to after reading enough caveats that I didn't want to loose gas mileage by rejetting. So now to reassemble the parts I'd earlier removed not planning to re-install.
          82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Comment

Lancelot,

Perfect!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X