signal flasher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signal flasher

My right turn signals didn't flash after I got the bike running. I tapped the signal relay with a screwdriver and the signals would flash once. no problem I ordered a new flasher. Well the new one came in today and guess what? It doesn't flash unless I tap it. what do I need to look at. the front right signal burns brighter by the way. I guess I'll go try the bulb while I wait for other suggestions

signal

Sonic
    on your relay check connectors and clean them if needed. Inspect wires for internal breaks(thats the worse case and headache). More than likely corroded on connectors up at fork area. Also clean socket in signal light. some times light socket takes on moisture and will become rusty.
    Hope that helps.
    steve

Comment

signal

sonic forgot to mention . first check your bulb ,Its a double filament. Is one broken??
      later Steve

Comment

signal wires backwards

well I was thinking I had a burnt bulb and that was not the case so I looked behind the headlight. I swapped the wires on the front signal and now they flash by themselves. there was a mighty expensive goof up. I had to rebuild the front of the wireing harness and just guessed on the signal color code. Should have thought to look there first. Now I need to adjust my brake switch so it turns off when the pedal is not depressed. Funny how you find things wrong as you are working on another problem.
        Jim

Comment

electrical

sonic,
          Glad youre on your way to solving your little glitch. When it comes to electrical id rather be hanged. I really have to psyche myself in to that job. I really try to do a thorough and neat job so I dont have to do it twice. Thank goodness its fairly simple on those bikes.Had a signal problem once too.And I did my pick up coils too and got them mixed up.(thank God for the info in this site) After twenty some years the wire colurs faded. Funny part for me is the wire colurs faded in my manual too. good luck
          Steve

Comment

help appreciated

Just being able to talk your problem over and read others suggestions is priceless. Everyone has been in a situation close to what is happening to you and hit the problem on the head every time. Gives me a chance to reflect on what I've done and how to attack the problem next. Thanks
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X