X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are good to go! Enjoy!
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by DenyP View Post
      Cy,
      If you re-read what I was saying you will find we are not in disagreement regarding this problem. You don't need to be a self important jerk or prick when you disagree with another member. Do this to a new guy and he is gone. Our purpose in having this organization is to try to help one another - not see who can be king of the hill! I am NOT impressed!

Deny
      Sorry, I was not meaning to come across as that way. I do however believe in keeping the existing control devices. However, if someone asks how they can remove the octy, I'll tell them how, if they ask me if I I think they should, I'll give my opinion.

I apologize, I know that your a knowledgeable and experienced guy, and I thought we were just have a discussion about our opinion about the situation. I'm sorry that I got carried away on it, and I'll try to not do that again.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by DenyP View Post
        My thought process focused on the gas filling the bottom of the air box. If it was just a needle valve with the pet cock working correctly there shouldn't be that much gas (just what is available in the line(s)) I agree with what others have said about the needle valve should work regardless of the pet cocks/octy. If this was a reality however bikes wouldn't have fuel shut off valves. JMHO

Deny
        Looking back at what we have both said, your correct, most of the time the needle valve should be enough, the octy shutoff valve is supposed to be for if the needle valve for some reason fails (or as it seems in this case is loose) but if it fails, there is then in this case a single line of defense left, not a good thing.
        Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Spade Fuse Box
        750 FD Mod
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by Redshirt View Post
          I let the petcocks stay on all day after I put it back together yesterday. But, as a precaution, I shut the petcocks off at night. Even after hours of letting it sit with petcocks left on, no apparent leaking into airbox.
          I havent tried the test with the vacuum you mention. Its raining right now, and I dont have a garage, so it will have to wait.
          I would stlll recommend testing the octy. With the petcocks off, disconnect the fuel lines from the carbs and run them into a container, then turn them on. Wait a bit and see if anything comes out. If they don't leak or drip for 30 minutes to an hour, I would call it good, if you get gas in the container, you have a problem (the reason I say to start with the petcocks off is to let the lines empty so you don't get a false positive from the lines draining).
          Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Spade Fuse Box
          750 FD Mod
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
            Sorry, I was not meaning to come across as that way. I do however believe in keeping the existing control devices. However, if someone asks how they can remove the octy, I'll tell them how, if they ask me if I I think they should, I'll give my opinion.

I apologize, I know that your a knowledgeable and experienced guy, and I thought we were just have a discussion about our opinion about the situation. I'm sorry that I got carried away on it, and I'll try to not do that again.
            Apology accepted! I do value your advice and opinion! As I've said before, lots of folks here know more then I. Always a learning experience.

Deny

Deny
            1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
            1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Working...
            X