number 3 running hotter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number 3 running hotter.

I haven't synced my cabs yet(just got done making a sync tool). I have been playing with pods and jets. I think im where I want to be. the bike is running great though. But when I check the temps on the pipes just below the first bend I noticed number 3 is running about 75-85 degrees hotter then the 1 and 2. number 4 is a maybe 30 degrees hotter then 1 and 2, but probably getting extra heat from 3. I have cleaned the carbs a few times. just did it again. But no change. Could syncing fix this, or is this a problem to worry about? where i checked 3 was at about 420 and 1 and 2 was running in the 330-340 or so.
    1980 xs11sg
    16600 miles, soon to be a lot more
    stock headers with free flow exhaust
    mikes xs pods
    #45 pilot jets
    #130 main jets on 2 & 3
    #125 main jets on 1 & 4

Sync and colortune. The colortune (either with the tool, or by ear, or by Spark plug color) will likely be your solution. When the cylinder is running lean, it tends to be a little hotter. It's amazing what a difference those two adjustments can make in how well the engine performs.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Don't think to hard till you have finished the setup.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

sounds good. I will sync the first dry day that I have off. So far this march its rained almost every day. thanks for the info guys.
        1980 xs11sg
        16600 miles, soon to be a lot more
        stock headers with free flow exhaust
        mikes xs pods
        #45 pilot jets
        #130 main jets on 2 & 3
        #125 main jets on 1 & 4

Comment

Working...
        X