From vetter to stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From vetter to stock

So I took off the big clunky fairing that was on the front of my bike, and now I need to mount the headlight. I am planning on using tbe fairing in tbe future but I need to make some repairs to the damn thing. Is there a kit I can purchase to return the front of the bike to stock form? As it is now, there are no spots to mount the headlight or anything. Thanks!
    2007 Yamaha r6
    81SH

Not exactly no. What you need are the following....

Headlight brackets for a Special (commonly refered to as "ears")any year will work 79-81.

Headlight bucket, this gets easier as the XS650, 750, 850 and 1100 all have the same round headlight bucket on the special models.

Bracket that mounts to the lower triple tree to aim the headlight.

Front turn signals for a special. Reality is you can use front or back, the back ones have longer wires is the only difference.

And if you want it to look good or be accurate, the fork cover for a Special.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

You'll need to track down OEM parts, or be willing to mod something to fit. There's some 'universal' stuff out there, but nothing that will be a direct bolt-on.

You'll need a pair of 'ears' off a special (you could use the standard versions, but they're a bit short), a special headlight, and maybe the adjustment bracket that bolt to the lower tree. Some owners have adapted 'other' headlights to fit, but you need to find one that has enough room to conceal the wiring and isn't so deep that it hits the frame. Look here:http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/imagine....name=HEADLIGHT
      and here: http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/imagine....ame=FRONT FORK for the parts you're missing.
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Working...