XJ1100J Forks Interchangable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ1100J Forks Interchangable?

Do folks know if a set of forks from any other bike will bolt right up to an XJ1100J without any modifications?
    Two weeks vacation does NOT make a life.

His: 2006 Ninja 650R, salvaged, 10k miles
    Hers: '82 XJ1100 44.4k miles

Smash, I'm pretty sure Special forks will fit, only mod being the calipers and possibly the fender. They won't have those air assist holes like the XJ forks do or rebound adjustment. If you get forks off the 81 Midnught Special, you can retain your own calipers. Without any modifications, no, others won't work.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Thank you for confirming! Will post a "want" ad.

Comment

As Bikerphil stated, Special forks would be the easiest swap. I'm pretty certain the XJ guard will bolt straight on to these.
        Depending on your requirements, if you're really stuck, you could use Standard forks. They will quicken up the steering a bit, though not a lot. You would however need the matching calipers, guard, speedo drive and cable to fit the XJ wheel onto them.
        May I be so bold as to ask why you are contemplating the swap??
        79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
        Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
        *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
        *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

got a set of muckered up forks... threads trashed, one bolt busted off.

Picked up the only set of XJ forks I could find, they were on ebay. Made an offer and it was accepted, a price I can live with.

Comment

Working...
          X