Carb Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
    I get what your saying Cy, and maybe this is just the cynic in me or the "Missouri -Show Me" coming out. That is very theoretical and theoretically speaking you can talk about how the cams for the early engines and valve sizes are different and therefore the engine would run different with the different carbs.

You have a point, I see the issue being stated, I just have my doubts as to wether it would truly effect the engine performance at any noticable level. Kind of like my current bike when last checked had some big swings in compression from cylinder to cylinder. But it runs like a scalded dog, just does not idle as smooth as I might like. I guess I'm thinking that the different carbs would be similar.
    I can tell you that something as small as having one of the pistons a few degrees off from the others after replacing the diaphragms can make the one carb unable to be tuned to the others until corrected because that piston doesn't react the same. I can't see the styles being any different. And while not with an 11, this has been tried with an XS400 and couldn't be gotten to work. The two carbs just would not sync at all settings. Full Throttle, Mid Range, or Idle, pick any one, all the others would be off to some extent or another, and the XS400 twin in my experience is pretty forgiving compared to the 11.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
    X