No announcement yet.

will theres fit qestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here is the response I got from Mike when I emailed him asking how his lines are measured. So measure this way, whatever the sealing edge is...

Lines are measured from where the banjo fitting edge begins, about where
    the sealing edge begins.*
    Yes, each end rotates a full trun.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Here are the measurements for Specials and Standards. All measurements are center-to-center on banjos. 30 degree banjos give a good fit and finish. Banjo angles should be 180 degrees opposed from one end to the other ie: if one end turns down, the other end turns up.

For a couple of years I was fabricating lines for the group, but my supplier got greedy and priced the parts out of reach. I think it was 2005-2006, IIRC. At the time, I was delivering full four-line sets for $130.

These are OEM lengths, no aftermarket bars

Specials:

Front:
      Hose #1 measures 20-1/2”
      Hose #2 measures 22-3/4”
      Hose #3 measures 22-3/4”
      Rear:
      Hose #4 measures 19”

Standards:

Front:
      Hose #1 measures 16”
      Hose #2 measures 22-3/4”
      Hose #3 measures 22-3/4”
      Rear:
      Hose #4 measures 19”
      Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

thanks you thats some usfull info i can use to get a set i want...
        _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
        1980 gs1000g "stock"
        1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
        2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Davinci, are those measurements the standard center banjo to center banjo?
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Go up and read the first line you maniac!

Comment

I probably read that the first time I saw your post the other day. Thought of the question today and didn't read it again. Oh well!
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

One note of correction to your information Davinci, on the special models if your using stock bars, the ends on the line form the MC to the splitter need to be turned 90 deg from each other. It actually is the same on the rear lines, turns 90 deg end to end. This was my biggest issue with the lines I got from Coastguard, they were not offset 90 deg (his lines do not have the 30 deg bends either.)

Without that 90 deg offset, I had to remove my MC, mount the line and use the MC body to torque the line so it would bolt back onto the bars. To much torque on a line I plan to count on to stop me IMO.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

so ill need 90 degree at the top of the mc and one at the bottom to the slitter... then 2 other 90s for both lines down to a 30 for the calipers.. then a 90 for the rear and end with a 90 to it caliper...make sence?
                  _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1980 gs1000g "stock"

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                    One note of correction to your information Davinci, on the special models if your using stock bars, the ends on the line form the MC to the splitter need to be turned 90 deg from each other. It actually is the same on the rear lines, turns 90 deg end to end. This was my biggest issue with the lines I got from Coastguard, they were not offset 90 deg (his lines do not have the 30 deg bends either.)

Without that 90 deg offset, I had to remove my MC, mount the line and use the MC body to torque the line so it would bolt back onto the bars. To much torque on a line I plan to count on to stop me IMO.
                    It's 180 degrees, not 90

Comment

Nope....90. Trust me. I fought this battle with Coastguard long enough. Not trying to rattle your cage or anything, but I just hate to see some one else end up with lines they can't use. I had pictures of the stock line next to the ones Coastguard sent me, can't find them right now. But they are 90 degree offset. Not worth pulling my brakes apart to document it again.
                      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                      93 GSX600F
                      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                      81 XS1100 Special
                      81 CB750 C
                      80 CB750 C
                      78 XS750

Comment

Well, ask the 30-40 guys who bought em from me 4-5 yrs ago. Not one had an issue with the offsets?

Comment

so on the rear mc will i need a 20 degree banjo and a 20 to the caliper? so double checking before i order... 20 degree from the first line from the mc to the splitter at the end of that line ends with a 20 as well. then left starting at a 20 degree ending in strait banjo to the bottom of the acliper. for both left and right. sound right?
                          Last edited by lee_dutcher; 03-14-2011, 08:00 PM.

1980 gs1000g "stock"

Comment

Working...
                          X