X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikesXS parts compatibility

TopCat posted the following in another thread:

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
    MikesXS.net has lots of parts that are designed to fit 650's, but will also work on the 1100....just don't ASK or TELL Mike it's for an 1100, they won't like it or help you and may not even sell it to you....due most likely to their liability that their parts are only for 650's! But you can find headlight buckets, brackets, handlebars, CHROME handlebar clamp, chrome control sets, gauges, shocks, a fair # of things that can help DRESS up a bike!
    It got me thinking. I've looked through that site, and have no idea what items might fit our 11's. So I thought, if people who have bought from them could post here what they know fits, it would be a big help to us newbies who are still learning our way around these bikes.

In addition to the items listed above, I've also seen people repeatedly mention pods and there's also a thread right now about coils.

What other parts will work? Thanks in advance.
    XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
    -- Jack Burton

Here's one site that will help you what parts are compatible

http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/
    BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by tinman905 View Post
      Here's one site that will help you what parts are compatible

http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/
      Beat me to it....

But this really is the best way to check. Mikes doesn't have a ton of parts that fit the XS11, and not all parts fit all XS11s either. The above site does have a 'cross reference' feature (find the part, then click on the part number; it will then show all the bikes this part is common to) that's generally pretty accurate (but not always).
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Sweet. That cross-refernce feature is excellent.
        XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
        -- Jack Burton

Comment

XS100 standards have the same brakes as the XS650. The XS650 front fender fits a standard as well. Other stuff might be obvious.

The XS650 is a completely different motorcycle that shared some parts from the same bin as the XS1100. Don't go looking for engine or body parts at Mike's XS.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Working...
          X