Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here help

hey there,
    I know this is a site that likes to keep the xs as stock as possible and respect that alot. I own a 79 xs1100 that i love and is stock as can be. and will never get chopped or cut on. But i just bought a beat up, wrecked, not running, 80 xs1100 and want to chop and lower and bobb it. can anyone give me a place i can find top of the line aftermarket parts for the xs 1100. forks, headlights, handle bar controls gauges.
    i know alot of you dont like people doing this to the xs1100. I was given the bike, and have bought some parts. please help this bike is being build for a best friend and cop that was shout dead in the line on duty in Conyers Ga. I was wanting to ride to in some up coming ride this spring..
    thanks Josh

hi pase

hi and welcome !! first of all its your bike do whatever you want to it! as far as parts go there are lots of parts available on site and if you need something in particular ,,ask for it we will help you out best we can ,,ride safe ,,slow mo!
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Originally posted by pase View Post
      ...can anyone give me a place i can find top of the line aftermarket parts for the xs 1100. forks, headlights, handle bar controls gauges...
      Josh, if you're looking for bolt-on custom parts specifically for a XS11, you will find very few. The bike is 30 years old and there's almost no 'custom' parts available except for the occasional unearthing of some NOS bits. There are a few you can still get new; you can find new forward controls and MAC makes a couple of exhaust systems, but that's pretty much it. So for anything else, you'll have to 'adapt' parts, either using 'universal fit' parts or parts intended for other bikes.

For ideas, use the search function and type in 'bobber'; you'll get lots of hits, everything from full-on radical to mild.

HTH
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

I'll add in that many of us feel two ways about bobbing and chopping. Many of us think hardtailing is dumb, but it's your back. It's really the destruction of pristine or near pristine bikes we for the most part have trouble with. If you find a basket case, and bob/chop it in the process of bringing it back to life, that is so much a different story. Yes, it's still cool to have someone bring a barn find back to life as a stock bike, but back as a chopper or bobber is cool in that case as well.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Hey there Pase,

As for FORKS, I think there's a link in the LINKS forum about Forks By Frank.

A few of us have modded ours a little, see the following photos.

This is an otherwise stock framed special with 6" over length front forks, and no RAKE change.

Below is left to right....unmodded Special, then MY 4" over lenghth special, then in the back/right is the 6" over length. Mine doesn't show the right/correct fork angle due to a front end collision that bent my frame perfectly inwards reducing my trail from the stock 6" to about 2"! The steering is very light and easy! I've ridden it with the frame bent for 20 years, have gotten acustomed to the steering, so I'm not going to try to FIX it! On a stock unbent frame, the front wheel would stick outward forward from the frame a bit more and look a little more CHOPPERISH...like the 6" one!

MikesXS.net has lots of parts that are designed to fit 650's, but will also work on the 1100....just don't ASK or TELL Mike it's for an 1100, they won't like it or help you and may not even sell it to you....due most likely to their liability that their parts are only for 650's! But you can find headlight buckets, brackets, handlebars, CHROME handlebar clamp, chrome control sets, gauges, shocks, a fair # of things that can help DRESS up a bike!

Condolences to the Officer's family! Hope you find what you need and get the bike working and looking great!

T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
            MikesXS.net has lots of parts that are designed to fit 650's, but will also work on the 1100....just don't ASK or TELL Mike it's for an 1100, they won't like it or help you and may not even sell it to you....due most likely to their liability that their parts are only for 650's! But you can find headlight buckets, brackets, handlebars, CHROME handlebar clamp, chrome control sets, gauges, shocks, a fair # of things that can help DRESS up a bike!
            I've wondered what parts from them will fit our 11's. People are always recommending them as a resource, but I have no idea what parts will work and what won't. Though I must say, the one time I did contact him and ask about a specific part, he was very helpful. He even sent me the physical measurements of the part in question so I could compare it to what I needed to replace. Maybe I just caught him on a good day?

At any rate, I've started a new thread (so as not to hijack this one ) asking people to post what parts they know are interchangeable. It is here:
            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...091#post314091
            XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
            -- Jack Burton

Comment

Thank you all for all the feed back and welcoming me to the site. I can't wait to finish this bike and ride it in the up coming ride for my friend

Comment

Working...
              X