NOS gaskets??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasket Sealer

Thanks Cy, I didn't think that was the "right stuff" for that job. I have a shifter cover that is leaking on my "new" 79F. I would rather have a gasket on it, than just RTV, but have been unable to find one by itself. I would rather not pay for a complete gasket set in order to get just one gasket. I guess I'm going to add gasket maker to my learned "skills."
    1979XS1100SF
    K&N's and drilled airbox
    Jardine 4in1
    Dunlop Elite 3's
    JBM slide diaphragms
    142.5 main jets
    45 pilot jets
    T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
    750/850 FD mod.
    XV 920 Needle Mod.
    Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
    Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

Hey Tim,

I have cut a gasket for that from regular gasket paper. It is not that tough of one to cut out. But honestly, due to the unique shape or whatever, I have had them leak on a couple occasions. So I now use RTV black for that gasket always. No leaks since I started doing that.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Shift cover, pan, and clutch cover now have a THIN film of HighTempGrey silicone and not even a seep..........that's been three years now. Have new gaskets for of two of the three, but being machined surfaces on all three decided to save the gaskets for future use if needed......JAT.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
        X