3 ohm coils!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 ohm coils!

Hi all. Im still in the Philippines, and have done all that the forum has suggested to test the low end miss. We have covered it all, and are at a loss! Ive decided to go with new 3 ohm coils. I have checked Dennis Kirk, etc, and have seen coils there, but Im no mechanic, and I dont know which is which! Could someone please provide me with a link to a site with the 3 ohm coils, and tell me which coil I need???? Thanks to all for all the help Ive received here, couldnt get by without Ya. Take care.

Randy
    Smiling in the Philippines
    1980 XS Eleven Special
    Running nicely thanks to this forum!

Oooppppsssss!

Forgot to tell ya, I have an 80 xs1100 SG!

Randy
    1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

Here's one http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=210
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
      Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Check here http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/forum/in...p?topic=3320.0 for an excellent write up on fitting other types of 3 ohm coils. Click the link in the first post for a listing of bikes with compatible coils. I used CB900 coils on my SG. Easy to fit and work really well.

Dont overlook other sources as well. Subaru cars use a wasted spark system with dual coils. I havent tested the primary resistance yet but the coils on my work wagon look fairly similar and would likely be an easy swap. There's probably lots of others on jap cars as well, and most could be found at a bone yard for very little cash.
        1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
        2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Bought the coils

I bought the ones from Z1 Enterprises, and read the post from b.walker5. So, for the XS1100 Specials, just so I got it right, we will unhook the ballast resistor, and plug the male and female ends together??????????

Randy
          1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

hi randy,
            thats right, disconnect the b/r and join the ends together.
            pete

new owner of
            08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
            1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
            zrx carbs
            18mm float height
            145 main jets
            38 pilots
            slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
            fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Working...
            X