New to me XS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me XS1100

Just brought home a new to me XS1100 from New Smyrna Beach Florida. 1978 XS1100 Standard with 18k miles. It sat for 10 years so it will need some work to get running. I put a battery in Sunday and all the electrical work as they should. At least sitting in the garage. I will post more as I continue to enjoy my new adventure.

http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/sl...54440_7354440/
    1978 xs1000e New Project no name yet.
    1981 xj650 Johndo

Welcome! Looks good and clean!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your new ride, and for rescuing an abandoned classic! You've definitely found the right place to guide you through the restoration. Good luck, and keep us posted!
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Thanks, I think it was a good buy for $800
        1978 xs1000e New Project no name yet.
        1981 xj650 Johndo

Comment

Originally posted by Johndo View Post
          It sat for 10 years so it will need some work to get running. I put a battery in Sunday and all the electrical work as they should.
          http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/sl...54440_7354440/
          Looks great! As it has been sitting it might be a good idea to pull your tank and clean all your electrical contacts and put di-electric grease on all of them. These bikes are known for their electrical demons.

Enjoy your new bike,
          Wayne
          80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
          Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Welcome to the liter club Johndo. Nice ride.
            Salty dog
            Eastern NC
            XJ-1100 Naked Boy

Comment

Congrats, johndo!
              I almost bought that bike (Im in Titusville!) and instead bought a 79 special in Lakeland. I didnt look at the bike you bought, so dont think I know something about it you dont I just thought it sat longer than I was willing to tackle.
              Good luck and good riding!
              79 Special
              2012 FJR1300
              78 E (project. Clutch problems from PO) Must sell

Comment

Greetings, and welcome! Nice to see another of these old girls making a comeback.
                XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
                -- Jack Burton

Comment

newbee

Look-en good man....good catch! This is a great place for info on these cool rides. I couldn't have done mine without them!...........Welcome man!
                  At this time:
                  1985 Goldwing Innr.
                  1976 cb 750 cafe racer
                  2007 vtx 1300
                  81 sx 1100 s h
                  81 sx 400 special

Comment

Welcome to the forum from another Florida XSessive.
                    And the fun begins. Feel free to drop me a line if you need help.
                    1980G Standard, Restored
                    Kerker 4 - 1
                    850 Rear End Mod
                    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                    Automatic CCT
                    1980GH Special, Restored
                    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Working...
                    X