Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another new member

Hi all!
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I've been reading and finding so much great info on this site I just had to join. I found this site by accident after I bought my MNS and had a fire which melted my airbox and sucked all kinds of crap into the carbs. I don't think I would have had the confidence to tackle those carbs if it wasn't for all the helpful info I found here. I just ordered a fork brace from T-kat, and a HID upgrade kit from ebay. Also upgraded my coils to MikesXS coils and performed the plasti-cote repair on my diaphrams. Also, just as a FYI Tkat mentioned he has some stainless steel caliper pistons for the special. Might email him if anyone is in need.
    1980 XS1100LG Midnight Special
    Dyna coils, Tkat fork brace, Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, 55 watt bi-xenon HID light upgrade. NGK Iridium plugs, inline mini blade fusebox ,K&N air filter, JBM industries carb diaphragms.

hi and welcome Hooper!! you have come to the right place xs11.calm! sounds like you are already on the way to having a great bike ,,any question ask away,, the good people here will do as much as they can to see you straight ,,,ride safe ,,slow mo!
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Welcome! Sorry to hear about the fire, but glad to hear your getting past it! Let's see some pics!
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Thanks nate, to be honest though I believe the fire was actually a blessing in disguise, I was forced to learn how to work on it. Wow, to my suprise working on this has been much easier than I thought. (MUCH of the credit goes to the info found here.) I am wanting to do the second gear washer swap, but that looks a bit complicated for me! I'll have to study it some more. I have some good pictures of my bike , just have to figure out how to post them.
        1980 XS1100LG Midnight Special
        Dyna coils, Tkat fork brace, Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, 55 watt bi-xenon HID light upgrade. NGK Iridium plugs, inline mini blade fusebox ,K&N air filter, JBM industries carb diaphragms.

Comment

I wouldn't do the washer swap unless I had to go in there for something else.

To post pics you need to upload the pics to a site like Photobucket and then post the img link in your post.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Greetings, and welcome!
            XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
            -- Jack Burton

Comment

XS...Good, Fire...Bad

Originally posted by Hooper View Post
              Hi all!
              I found this site by accident after I bought my MNS and had a fire which melted my airbox and sucked all kinds of crap into the carbs. I don't think I would have had the confidence to tackle those carbs if it wasn't for all the helpful info I found here.
              Hi Hooper,

I had the same sort of fire on my XS. Melted the airbox and did a number on the wiring harness too. Rebuit it and called it the "Phoenix". You know, outta' the ashes.
              You're right. This is a very informative site. My bike wouldn't be in the shape it's in now if it wasn't for XS11.com.

Good Luck,
              Wayne
              Last edited by Ken Talbot; 02-22-2011, 11:08 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote tags
              80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
              Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Glad to have you aboard!
                '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

Comment

Working...
                X