Factory saddlebag bracket pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory saddlebag bracket pics?

I'm getting ready to mount a set of factory hard bags on my standard, but I don't have any mounting brackets. After looking at pics of the vetter brackets, I could see creating something similar, but I still have no idea what the original brackets looked like.

Does anybody have pictures of the factory saddlebag brackets that you could share with me? Then I could decide if I want to fab up something similar or go with my own design.

Better yet, if anybody can recommend an available source of brackets that works well on the standard, that would be great too.

Thanks
    John (XSive_Speed)

'80 XS1100G Standard
    - 4 - 1 exhaust (probably Mac)
    - UNI air filter

One style of factory bag brackets. I sold these and made my own brackets out of angle iron. I wanted the bare look with no crash bars.

Last edited by bikerphil; 02-16-2011, 08:37 AM.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Fyi

I hated those mounts 'cause of the need for so much wrenching just to get at the rear wheel. It adds a really long time in preperation for wheel removal.
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
      Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system
      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Interesting, never had hard cases and frame work off my Venturer to remove/replace back wheel since new, plus rear fender pivots up on Standards to remove wheel.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
        X