volt and temp gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volt Meter

I installed a volt meter on my Special a couple of years back. I had quite a bit of electrical grief (surprise, surprise) so I put one on just to keep an eye on what's going on with my charging system. It was just a cheapie that I picked up from Wal-mart years earlier for my car, but never put it in. It has an open back so I covered it with a plastic spray can lid that I painted to match the bike. Drilled a small hole, ran the wires, sealed the hole with a rubber grommet to keep out moisture and connected it in behind the headlight. I mounted it on one of the arms that hold the windsheild to the handlebars. It works great and it is grounded so it lights up for night riding.
    In the beginning having it was giving me fits. Riding it reads 14 volts, but when you pull to a light or a stop it drops down to like 9. I used to go into cardiac mode thinking it was going to cut out at any minute, but it never did. I will post a picture or 2 if I can figure out how. I can't figure it out. I'll read up on it and post the pictures later.

Wayne
    80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
    Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Volt Meter Picture

I hope this works.

The volts actually drop down to 10, not 9.

Wayne
      Last edited by Phoenix Rider; 02-13-2011, 12:16 AM. Reason: picture didn't load
      80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
      Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

XS Phoenix Volt Meter

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/xsphoenix/

Here's a link to my picture of the Volt meter.

Wayne
        80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Working...
        X