Here is a link to that other thread i was talking about before.
Aftermarket seat options?
Collapse
X
-
Diamond Seat Co. in Florida makes made to measure custom seats for the XS11. They aren't cheap, but they're excellent. Mine is good for 12 hrs. Google for them.Leave a comment:
-
I just scored a deal on a Harley Sportster seat in perfect condition locally. It looks to not be a bad fit. With a few little mods, it'll be perfect. All I need now are some new tires, some turn signals front and rear, and a smaller tail light and I'm good to go.Leave a comment:
-
If they are each making small increases on each other, and getting a winning bid notice with each bid then every bid will show, but if one makes a big jump and the others do little jumps making the winners bid increase, only the winners bid will show, and while it looks strange, there is nothing wrong.Thanks for taking the time to explain that, Cy. I suppose the very few times I was bidding on items, the other bidders were not using the automatic bid thing, so the bid history showed every bid. I have mostly used eBay to sell, not buy, and that was close to ten years ago. I just set up a new account since I am thinking of selling some of these bike items there. Thanks again.Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for taking the time to explain that, Cy. I suppose the very few times I was bidding on items, the other bidders were not using the automatic bid thing, so the bid history showed every bid. I have mostly used eBay to sell, not buy, and that was close to ten years ago. I just set up a new account since I am thinking of selling some of these bike items there. Thanks again.Leave a comment:
-
It's because bid history is only of bids that were actually in a position to win. The case you show is where one bidder keeps increasing their max bid trying to find the highest that was set by the other bidder without just going for it and putting in the max they were willing to pay. It's the way it's always worked. It's only a bid attempt unless you actually put in a bid that at least for a few seconds is actually the highest bid. The only way to move the bidding price up requires two bidders.If this is true, it's stupid. Why would the software not show the whole bid history? It leads individuals like me to the conclusion that one person is bidding up the price of the good, giving the illusion of shill bidding or collusion.
Rather than employ the old "take my ball and go home" routine, perhaps you can look at this bid history, and help me understand what's going on. Is this a case where two bidders are using automatic bids, but raising the limits on their maximum bid as the other guy outbids them?
http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/...m=250763631782
It would really be misleading if it showed bid attempts that never actually had a chance of winning. Maybe it's not perfect, but there really is no perfect answer to the problem, unless it was like a sealed bid where you just made your bid and either won or didn't with no chance to increase your bid and everybody just bid what they were willing to pay and at the end you notified the person with the high bid that they won. This system is designed to increase bidding for popular items and also the help you get unpopular items cheaper if nobody else is interested.Leave a comment:
-
Just trying to understand how it works, fellas. It takes no effort to say "if you don't like it, don't go there." It does take effort to help a brother out.Leave a comment:
-
Keep in mind that nothing other than a proper factory seat is going to 'fit' on a given bike. If you're willing to make the needed mods, most anything can be made to 'fit'. Would it be possible to modify either of these seats to fit a 750? Probably, but it'll depend entirely on your skills.
And eBay is a great source. It's pretty simple; the highest bidder wins. If you don't like how it works, don't go there...Leave a comment:
-
If this is true, it's stupid. Why would the software not show the whole bid history? It leads individuals like me to the conclusion that one person is bidding up the price of the good, giving the illusion of shill bidding or collusion.Bid history can be deceiving as if I put in a max bid of $200 on an item, and the current high bid is 50, mine will go just above. Every time someone comes in with max bid just above mine that will cause my actual current bid to increase, and if nobody puts in a bid higher than my high bid, it will just show my bid increasing, not showing the other person who put in a bid that made mine go up (I know cause I have had that happen on a bid I did).
Rather than employ the old "take my ball and go home" routine, perhaps you can look at this bid history, and help me understand what's going on. Is this a case where two bidders are using automatic bids, but raising the limits on their maximum bid as the other guy outbids them?
http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/...m=250763631782Last edited by ThrottleJunky; 01-30-2011, 08:17 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Wow! A little touchy, aren't you? I'm not looking at bidding history after an item has closed, I'm looking at current bidding history for items which are still available.Leave a comment:
-
hi junky
i got my seat to a boat upholster and had it formed and recovered the way i wanted it for 100 bucks,,it seemed to be an easy thing for this guy ,, just my 2 cents ,,ride safe ,,slow mo!Leave a comment:
-
No, your wrong. The only way the price goes up is to have more than one bidder. Been on there since pretty close to the beginning, and even though I don't buy a lot, I have done enough bidding to know how it works. Only bids that were a winning bid at some point show in the bidding history, I've been there and had only my bids in the bidding history with it steadily increasing.When somebody enters a bid above any current bid, that bid is listed in the bid history. That aside, look at a lot of the seats for sale. Instead of paying to have a reserve price, they are listing them with no reserve, then entering a shill bid as the reserve price. It's a shill site.
And a seller doesn't have to set a reserve to have a high price start, that and a reserve are completely different things, you set the starting bid, and you can set a reserve. Frankly I prefer those that start with a high starting price, as least you know how much it will cost at a minimum, where with a reserve you have NO idea how much the minimum to win it is, and you might bid enough but if nobody else bids, you don't get it anyways because the price never goes up enough.
The real cheat thing is to do a low starting bid amount with really high shipping. The other one that at least used to be, was to not state a shipping amount and then after you win to tell you a really high amount for shipping, then hit you with a no pay strike if you don't pay it. I think they have done something about that now, but I'm not sure, as I won't bid on anything that doesn't have a stated shipping cost.
But I won't discuss this in here anymore as it's off topic, so it's my last word on the subject, and you a free to believe any wrong information you wish, it just leaves the little bit of good stuff on ebay that's left for me and others.Leave a comment:
-
When somebody enters a bid above any current bid, that bid is listed in the bid history. That aside, look at a lot of the seats for sale. Instead of paying to have a reserve price, they are listing them with no reserve, then entering a shill bid as the reserve price. It's a shill site.Bid history can be deceiving as if I put in a max bid of $200 on an item, and the current high bid is 50, mine will go just above. Every time someone comes in with max bid just above mine that will cause my actual current bid to increase, and if nobody puts in a bid higher than my high bid, it will just show my bid increasing, not showing the other person who put in a bid that made mine go up (I know cause I have had that happen on a bid I did). The only way a gid goes higher is if someone else bids higher than your previous winning bid, while as long as your max is higher will just increase your bid. No matter how much you want to, you CANNOT put in an actual bid higher than just above another bidders max bid, it will stop as soon as it's the minimum bid amount above the other persons max bid no matter how much your max is.Leave a comment:
-
Bid history can be deceiving as if I put in a max bid of $200 on an item, and the current high bid is 50, mine will go just above. Every time someone comes in with max bid just above mine that will cause my actual current bid to increase, and if nobody puts in a bid higher than my high bid, it will just show my bid increasing, not showing the other person who put in a bid that made mine go up (I know cause I have had that happen on a bid I did). The only way a gid goes higher is if someone else bids higher than your previous winning bid, while as long as your max is higher will just increase your bid. No matter how much you want to, you CANNOT put in an actual bid higher than just above another bidders max bid, it will stop as soon as it's the minimum bid amount above the other persons max bid no matter how much your max is.I find eBay terribly annoying because it's just loaded with shill bidding. I've been checking out bid history on items, and in certain instances the same user continues to raise the bid when nobody else is bidding. eBay does nothing about it. I think shill bidding is actually against the law, but not enforced.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: