Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you recommend I buy my clutch parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you recommend I buy my clutch parts?

I need to replace my friction plates at the very least. I am wondering where everyone buys their parts. Thanks in advance.
    1980 XS1100G. Work in progress.
    1980 XS1100G. 2nd work in progress.

Maybe......maybe not. Normally, the springs will loose holding tension first.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I'm going to take it apart tomorrow and have a good look at it to make sure what I really need. But, the question remains, where is everybody buying their parts? I see a few websites- oldbikebarn, bikebandit, and I could use some feedback.
      1980 XS1100G. Work in progress.
      1980 XS1100G. 2nd work in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrottleJunky View Post
        I'm going to take it apart tomorrow and have a good look at it to make sure what I really need. But, the question remains, where is everybody buying their parts? I see a few websites- oldbikebarn, bikebandit, and I could use some feedback.
        i have a new set of frictions if you need them
        careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

I get 'em at Partsnmore, $40 for 8 frictions. I've run them for years and never any problems...

http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/yamaha/xs1100l/?filters[category]=engine&filters[fitting]=custom
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
          X