Speedo/Tach Face Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo/Tach Face Removal

I was having issues with my Tach so I decided to take it apart. I figured that screwdrivers etc were going to take way to long and I have another tach coming so what the heck. I used a set of Nipper/Clipper type pliers ( I do not know the proper name for them) and had the whole thing off in less than 3 minutes. It worked really well and I may as well share a pic to show you what I used. Way easier than pokin myself repeatedly with a screwdriver. I used it on a square tach and it did well there with just the corners needing the screwdriver. The same screwdriver I poked myself with and drew blood I might add

2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

The edge even looks pretty good from what I can see!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I've done a couple that way. Found that if you use a large hose clamp around the outside it gives a surface to pry on and you won't damage the part you'll see when you close it up.
      Richard

Comment

Here's a Nice fix as performed on a XS650. Someone might want to save this!

Tach Speedo Repair
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Working...
        X