Spark Plug Wire Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Wire Blues

Has anybody expirenced the broken spark plug wire at the coil, or broken plug end. And has anybody made new updated ones like using 8mm wires?
    2bwideopen was from the days of my youth, and my first bike, a 1968 Kaw.Bushwacker 175 that was 2 yrs old, and a 14 yr old boy growing up in Morro Bay Ca. and 4 mi. of wide flat beach, cars and motors were still allowed on the sand, and full throttle wide open, at a wop'pin 72 mph. YeeoooW! ...Now bikes are faster, tons of people in the way, or a stink'in tree.

i used vf 500 honda coils marine plug wires new caps and removed the resister and fixed all my ign problems
    careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

The thread below is a good example of how to fix what ails ya. I tried this today, and decided I do not have that kind of patience. I will order a new set from accel as I have had good results there. Of course the ones available on MikesXS are much cheaper but some have had problems with them. I must also mention that on the XS UK forum they have tried other coils with good results, one of which has been mentioned. Anyways I have to say that I admire those who have the fortitude to fix these, I just am not one of them....
      http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137
      2-79 XS1100 SF
      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Mikesxs coils are the common thing to do. I did it and they are pretty awesome.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I put Honda VF1000 coils on my SG, they work great wrote it up here
          Brian
          XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
          Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

VF500 or 1000 coils, sounds good, thx. Also does accel make a set for our 1100s, or is it like taylor wires, u know measure, cut, crimp your own?
            2bwideopen was from the days of my youth, and my first bike, a 1968 Kaw.Bushwacker 175 that was 2 yrs old, and a 14 yr old boy growing up in Morro Bay Ca. and 4 mi. of wide flat beach, cars and motors were still allowed on the sand, and full throttle wide open, at a wop'pin 72 mph. YeeoooW! ...Now bikes are faster, tons of people in the way, or a stink'in tree.

Comment

The accel come in a universal type kit. Everything you need is there. You do in fact have to assemble one end of the plug wires as they come long enough for many other applications. The crimp tool is included in the kit and is very easy to use.
              2-79 XS1100 SF
              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

The correct Accel coils for the XS11 are the 3 ohm, P/N 140403.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Are they the same for the XJ? Looking to up grade.
                  Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Comment

Yes they are the same.
                    2H7 (79)
                    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                    X