No announcement yet.

Suddenly no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would try running full voltage from the battery (+) directly to the coils (red/wht), then see if it fires/check for spark.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I had similar problems and found it was one of the block connectors in the headlamp (square type headlamp). There's not much room in there and putting the headlamp back in dislodged it slightly. Everything on the bike worked except the ignition... intermittently. I replaced the block connector entirely.

Also, I'd have a look at the two block connectors which connect the right hand side handlebar switches to the wiring harness. One of them connects the starter button and kill switch. Mine was in a poor condition and was intermittently disconnecting, killing the engine and/or making the starter button not work. Again, I replaced the block connector completely
      XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Working...
      X