New Member and XS11 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member and XS11 owner

Hello to all. I have been doing alot of research on this new-to-me cycle called the XS11.
    I came about this bike in a pretty cool way and got it for FREE. I was visiting mt cousin and He began telling me about this motorcycle his 14yr old son got from someone. He said he didn't want the bike it was an 1100 and way to big for his son. I looked at it and fell in love. It was the old school style and type I had been looking for. So I traded him an 81 suzuki GS450 i had in the back of my garage for it. The bike is in not to bad of shape. It turns over. needs alot of TLC. I will definatly be picking some brains on this site to get her back in order.
    Great site look forward to getting to know yall.hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

That's a good price to get it for! Congrats and welcome to the site.

What year and model do you have? Is your not sure you can check your can number against this list and find out:
    http://www.xs11.com/faqs/153-serial-...ry-colors.html

Also if you don't have a manual or two for it there is a member here on the board by the name catatonicbug, he has a link to a bunch of manuals that he has for download on his website.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Sorry. it is the 1978 1100E in macho maroon. Manufactured in October of 1977. According to the service manual it was the 6,506th bike produced that year as the 78' XS1100E.

Comment

That would be the first year for the XS11, and some say the fastest as well. For the typical rider, I don't think you can tell the difference in them as they all haul the mail much stronger and faster than most of us need anyway.

Welcome to channel 11!! Enjoy that free ride, and you found the best place I know of to get the info you want or need to be riding with smile for a long time to come.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Welcome aboard! Good job saving that 14-y/o from killing himself on that thing! Take your time, and ask lots of questions, and you'll never want to get off of it.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
          X