Exhaust help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust help

Can anyone help me identify this. Have a good price on it, but can't determine the manufacturer.

Thanks

1980 xs1100G - Sold
    1981 Venturer - Stock

I personally do not know what kind of exhaust that is but if you go to this site you should be able to identify it.
    http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/forum/in...p?topic=5436.0
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Help

I checked out that site earlier and can't match it up to any that are listed. I'm told it came off a 78 standard. Trying to make sure its a good fit before I make the purchase. I can get it for $150, but still want to be certain.
      1980 xs1100G - Sold
      1981 Venturer - Stock

Comment

My vote would be a Mac. I picked one up recently for $100. The one that I got is chrome though. The end cap on the muffler looks the same as mine as well as the muffler hanger set up and header mounting flange. The only difference between that one and mine appears to be where the muffler attaches to the header; mine attaches closer to the muffler, further away from where the four pipes come together at the header. If you want I can post a pic if you think it will help.

Comment

Here are the pics of the one that I have. Subtle differences could be changes for different years? Looks close to me though.

and the muffler

I am not 100% sure if mine is a Mac either but that was the best guess that I could come up with after playing "ID that exhaust" online. Good luck with yours!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the help.

I'm trying to get my hands on a used Kerker 4-1. I know it's not going to be easy finding one, and I'm trying to stay away from a MAC until I've exhausted all of my options, pun intended
            1980 xs1100G - Sold
            1981 Venturer - Stock

Comment

Mac

I say its a MAC.

If you can get your hands on a Kerker then by all means do it but, dont pass up buying the MAC if you have a good price. You can always flip it to someone else as exhaust systems are getting a bit scarce now. Yours looks in good shape and that surface rust can be easily blasted away and a nice ceramic finish applied making that thing like new.

I know there are alot of bad stories going around about the MAC 4-1 but let me just say this from experience. Aside from the thin chroming that comes on them, they will last as long as any other aftermarket exhaust. Mine is over15 years now and has outlasted the Jardine spaghetti 4-2 system I had before that. And they do perform well. Maybe not as good as a well tuned Kerker but, they do perform adequately once you do all the re-jetting that you would have to do anyway when switching exhaust.

Just a thought.
              Mike Giroir
              79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Working...
              X