Street legal classic drag bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street legal classic drag bike

Look at the way this guy describes this KZ1000 he has for sale on CL down the road a way from me.

kz1000 z1r custom drag 1978 - $5500 (palm beach gardens)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-11-16, 11:58PM EST
    Reply to: sale-sdfd6-2064693838@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pro sreet z1r drag bike ...........1200 cc 900 welded crank, 8 spark plug head , master blaster pro street MSD . 40 shot nos sys. cluch lunch sys. mtc 21.5 to 1 pistons 38 flat slide mikunis , 3inch stacks ,MTC lockup clutch cut racing trany ,claw 4 over swing arm,over size batt,2000 ninja rims,4 ..2hom green dyna coils , dyna s ignition much much more .........too much to list ,,,just call,,,DAVE at,,,,561-827=2738,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,200+ hp very very fast !!! not for the novice.........street leagel .tag and titled in FL ,,,,,,,,,expereanced riders olny THIS BIKE WILL KILL YOU IF YOUR NOT VERY SAFE WITH IT this bike will fish tale at 100 mph and go like your stopped,,,,,,,,,,,,561=827=2738 dave

Pictures here:

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/2064693838.html

BTW - I have no personal interest, vested or otherwise, in the sale of this bike. Just passing it along as a curiosity.
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Ok maybe I am missing something here but why does he have MSD coils as well as dyna coils? I am assuming that the 4 dyna coils are firing the 8 spark plugs so what are the MSD parts running?

Personally I think the thing is kinda fugly, but to each their own!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
      I agree... The Honda Civic spoiler over the seat is kinda funky too!
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
        I agree... The Honda Civic spoiler over the seat is kinda funky too!
        How in the world did I miss seeing that thing, thats horrible!
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
          Ok maybe I am missing something here but why does he have MSD coils as well as dyna coils? I am assuming that the 4 dyna coils are firing the 8 spark plugs so what are the MSD parts running?

Could be a MSD ignition system
          Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
            ...Just passing it along as a curiosity.
            That it is....

Although I'd question that 'street legal' claim; I wonder how a LEO would view that 6' wheelie bar extending out the back? And the lack of rear suspension isn't a plus either...
            Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
            '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
            '82 XJ rebuild project
            '80SG restified, red SOLD
            '79F parts...
            '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
            '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
            '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
            '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
            Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
            Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
              That it is....

Although I'd question that 'street legal' claim; I wonder how a LEO would view that 6' wheelie bar extending out the back? And the lack of rear suspension isn't a plus either...
              Well as long as he has a taillight on the end of the wheelie bar it should be ok.
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

It's probably perfectly street legal on a street in some far-flung banana republic....... not sure about Florida though!
                Last edited by James England; 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM.
                XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

It must be a diesel, running "mtc 21.5 to 1 pistons". I'm also enjoying the "cluch lunch sys". You suppose it makes a sammich as you ride down the road.
                  All BS aside it would make a nice street hot rod if you took the wheelie bar off and put some shocks back on.
                  US Army 1986-1991

1979 1100 Special (on the road after 16 years!)
                  1983 GS300L (wifes ride)
                  1985 Super Glide
                  2012 Super Glide

Comment

Working...
                  X