spedo cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spedo cable

due to either kinking the cable, poor lubrication or age I broke my spedo cable. Anyone know where I can get one. Thanks

82 XJ 1100
    98 Magna
    past bikes
    ST1100
    92 Harley FXR built
    85 XJ 700 (2)
    86 XJ 700X

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/cm...myId=39&page=3
    Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

They are all over ebay too. Just be sure you get the one for your model - Standards and Specials mount at the wheel differently.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

My xj does not screw on at the wheel it has a single bracket that is secured by a machine screw to the hub, is that like a standard or special?

the one i saw at dennis kirk had a screw on like at the speedo end at both ends.
        82 XJ 1100
        98 Magna
        past bikes
        ST1100
        92 Harley FXR built
        85 XJ 700 (2)
        86 XJ 700X

Comment

Originally posted by nightpilot View Post
          My xj does not screw on at the wheel it has a single bracket that is secured by a machine screw to the hub, is that like a standard or special?

the one i saw at dennis kirk had a screw on like at the speedo end at both ends.
          That is how the standard and specials mount to the wheel hub and the speedo.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

The XJ one is just like the Specials. It screws in at the top, but has a bracket at the wheel, held in with a small bolt/screw.

1980 XS850SG - Sold
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
              The XJ one is just like the Specials. It screws in at the top, but has a bracket at the wheel, held in with a small bolt/screw.
              Well then there must have been some mix and match parts going on with the 2 specials I have seen! Interesting!
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

yeah, mine is like pictured by bug, I had one off an 82 650 parts bike but it was too short. parts unlimited showed only the screw at both ends type. I suppose I could pull the cable out of the new housing and use the old but it probably would be better to use the whole thing new if I could get it, but havent been able to find one.
                82 XJ 1100
                98 Magna
                past bikes
                ST1100
                92 Harley FXR built
                85 XJ 700 (2)
                86 XJ 700X

Comment

Here's one.
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                  X