Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 SF fuel idle jet has no tiny washers or O rings

Hi ,

Ive got my 79 specials carbs cleaned now, and found an odd situation. There are no tiny washers and o rings on the original idle fuel jets, my eighty MNS has them and another set of mikunis that I rebuilt had them, but this one doesnt.
    I checked an even older carb set for a triple, and lo and behold, it doesnt have them either and neither does the jet kit shown for that model on georgefix es site on ebay. I am guessing that the 79 carbs didnt have these to begin with, am I correct?????
    Bikes Now.
    80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
    79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
    83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
    83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
    08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

The early set of carbs did not have those pieces, but the later set did. They do not come in the carb kits though. You can get them from Mikesxs though. The last item on this page.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

thats what I thought Cat

Thanks CB,

Thats pretty much what I ended up thinking, but wanted someone to confirm it. I actuall have some left over parts from other models that I could have tried but really didnt want to until I was sure.

Fast reply, wow, channel 11 is the best.
      Bikes Now.
      80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
      79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
      83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
      83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
      08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

Yep early did not have washers or o-ring. The 80-81 sets do. Also, I have yet to order a carb kit for the 80-81 carbs that did NOT come with new screws, washer, spring and o-rings.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
          I have yet to order a carb kit for the 80-81 carbs that did NOT come with new screws, washer, spring and o-rings.
          I guess it depends on where you get them from. Most places I find don't even offer the screws.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

I have always gotten mine from Georgefix on ebay. All of his come with new screws, and the 80 and 81 kits have the spring washer and o-ring.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Working...
            X