Taken-er down.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken-er down.......

Well it has finally gotten here! The time to remove the eng from the frame to do a complete trans swap! Primary and secondary gears are missing teeth from the first owners wild riding. I know because I'm the 2nd owner. To break gear teeth like this must have had some tuff gear slammin goen on. Wish me luck....never pulled an eng. apart or a tranny..........will let ya'll know how it comes out!
    At this time:
    1985 Goldwing Innr.
    1976 cb 750 cafe racer
    2007 vtx 1300
    81 sx 1100 s h
    81 sx 400 special

Have fun! It's not too difficult but you do need to pay attention to the order of the parts when you reassemble the engine.

Do not mix up the shift forks. They are numbered but they will work, sort of, if they're not put in correctly. It's easy to get the mental 'picture' of the engine/transmission in your head reversed as you work and you will then very carefully and deliberately install the #1 and #3 forks into the wrong side of the transmission.

Go ahead, ask me how I know!
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Yep, it is not overly complicated in there. I always take digital pics of the disassembly. typically after I remove each part, or when I remove a bolt that holds a wiring connector or something like that, has helped ALOT with getting them back together after the repair work is completed.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Working...
      X