jetrus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetrus

buying jets from there and saw that they have 2 types of pilot jets.. on with holes one with nothing. also should i by new air needles, and spacers, or should i get some of this stuff at my local Yamaha dealer.
    _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
    1980 gs1000g "stock"
    1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
    2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Hi Lee,

As to the needles, well, that depends on the condition of the ones you have. Typically, they do not require replacement.

The jets, I assume your asking about the pilot jets, the small ones down in the tunnel inside the float bowls. But we all know how that word breaks down...azz-u-me. Anyway, there are three styles of pilot jets that will screw right into that tunnel like they came from the factory, but only will let it run correctly.

One style is the VM, which has eight holes total, two on each side. This is NOT the ones you want.

A second style is the N151, these have no holes in the sides. This is also NOT the ones you want.

The third style is the BS30/96 style which has a total of six holes in the sides. Two holes in two sides, and one hole in each of the other sides. These ARE the ones you want.

The best source I have found for jets and carb kits to date is Georgefix on ebay. Some folks swear by the Mikuni jets only. I have found the aftermarket jets George sells work great for me. He will sell individual jets or kits and recommend the RIGHT parts for your bike if you give him the year and model as in Special or Standard as well as letting him know it is an XS11.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

gotch yea..im ganna take the bike for a ride tomorrow to empty the gas out of it and piss of the neighbors.. and then take the cabs inside for a nice TRIPLE cleaning...maybe if i get the motivation to do it still working on my signal problem. still not working WTF! i replaced the flasher and all the wires are clean....
      _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
      1980 gs1000g "stock"
      1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
      2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_dutcher View Post
        still working on my signal problem. still not working WTF! i replaced the flasher and all the wires are clean....
        Take the left handlebar switch housing apart and check all the connections in there. There are several soldered points in there that tend to break loose and need to be re-soldered. Be sure to lube the moving parts with Dielectric grease when you're done.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

just for any1 that was interested,
          the stock pilot jets on the sports model
          came with 40 pilots without bleed holes.

your slide needles should be fine,
          its usually the emulsion tubes that
          can wear.

are your blinkers coming on,
          or just not blinking?
          pete

new owner of
          08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
          1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
          zrx carbs
          18mm float height
          145 main jets
          38 pilots
          slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
          fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X