fairing parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fairing parts

this is the fairing that i got. not sure if it is all there. but i know that i probably do not want it
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ildork/161.jpg
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ildork/168.jpg
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ildork/171.jpg
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ildork/166.jpg
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ildork/163.jpg
    81 XS 1100 H

That's a Vetter Windjammer 5, WITH LOWERS!! Those lowers for the 5 are really hard to come by. It looks like it's been living in a swamp for a few years though! A little TLC, and that fairing will look really nice.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
      ...It looks like it's been living in a swamp for a few years though!
      LOL, that's typical NW mold growing on that. No swamps around here....

Collect a little dust, add plentiful water (this IS the NW), and own your very own chia pet....
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
        LOL, that's typical NW mold growing on that. No swamps around here....

Collect a little dust, add plentiful water (this IS the NW), and own your very own chia pet....
        It just reminded me of Luke Skywalker's X-wing, when Yoda lifted it out of the swamp.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

close it lived behind a shed for almost 15 years before i got it. the whole mess was headed to the scrap bin when i saved it. though the lowers were never attached to the bike from what i heard. and they lived on a shelf for years. i am not a big fan of fairings so the whole thing will be going in the "to go pile" just not sure if i have all of it here or not.
          81 XS 1100 H

Comment

Originally posted by devildork View Post
            just not sure if i have all of it here or not.
            From what I can see, the only thing it's missing is the wiring pigtail. If you weren't so far away, I'd come pick it up. Shipping those things just makes it too expensive for my wallet.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

thanks. i will have to look at see i have a whole mess of wires in a box with the bike. i am wondering if the pigtail is in there.
              81 XS 1100 H

Comment

crazy steve,

I had a friend who lived in Seattle for a while and used to wear a T-shirt that had printed on the front...

"You can tell when it's summer in Seattle..The rain feels warmer."
                RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Working...
                X