Small Black Plastic Washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Black Plastic Washer

Hello, this is my first time to post on this forum. I certainly have enjoyed reading all the posts and have learned a lot about the xs1100’s. I have a 1980 XS1100sg that had been sitting outside for years. I finally, thanks to this forum, decided to give it a try and get this bike running again. I about have it working but tore down the carburetor to rebuild it today. I had ordered rebuild kits for it. I had broken down the carburetor and cleaned the main body with Pine Sol and was about to put it back together when 4 small plastic washers fell out. And yes, they fell off after I had cleaned it and was putting the carb together. I cannot tell if it belongs with the pilot jet or the idle adjustment screw assembly (needle, flat washer, and spring). I do not want to put it at the wrong location. And have to rebuild again.
    The bike is stock but does not have the original mufflers.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Plastic or rubber? There are rubber o-rings under the washer for the idle mixture screws, and if they are flat they need replaced anyways, and I'm not aware of them coming in any carb rebuild kits. You can order them from MikeXS as the 80 and newer 650's use the same carbs as the 80 and newer 1100's.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

They are pliable so I believe made from rubber. They are very small. They did not come with the kit. Thanks for the help; I will finish rebuilding the carb. After I finish the bike I will post some pictures. Thanks Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio View Post
        They are pliable so I believe made from rubber. They are very small. They did not come with the kit. Thanks for the help; I will finish rebuilding the carb. After I finish the bike I will post some pictures. Thanks Again.
        Hi Antonio and welcome,
        those parts look like this?
        http://www.mikesxs.net/products-37.html#products
        Items 48-5011/5012 or any others on that page?
        BTW, don't tell MikesXS the parts are not for an XS650. If you do they'll tell you they won't work.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio View Post
          idle adjustment screw assembly (needle, flat washer, and spring).
          On an '80, there should be a small o-ring under the washer, spring on top of the washer, adjustment screw through the whole works.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
          X