No announcement yet.

zrx carbs are awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I had them on last month for the rally!!!
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

Comment

I wonder if those carbs would be ok with the milder cams, I know you're running the hot ones.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I don't know several guys have used them. You have to open the idle screws out 3 to 4 turns just to get an idle. The stock zrx jets are waaaaaayyyy to lean!!! I used a precision drill bit and opened them up to 132 I. Will probobly order the 135's or 132.5. 1 jet up in pilots should work well. Didn't even have to butcher throttle cables. I used 1 cable from a bandit 600. I clamped it just under the bottom end of the tank on the frame. Took no time. If you use the airbox you have to elongate the holes to fit. I prefer the wail of the pods!!! Sounds like an indy car at 8grand!
        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
        8mm msd wires
        tkat fork brace...
        Fox shocks...
        mikes650 front fender
        led's gallore...
        renthal bars
        gold valve emulators
        vmax tensioner
        Rifle fairing

Comment

wow

That looks awesome! I need to learn more as I have a 78E that a PO butchered that might be able to live again as a cafe racer.
          I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

I really like the cafe look. I used to have the f16 windsheild. It looked great but it got cracked when the guy ran me off road last year! The 78 and 79 have a higher advance so they have more potential than the new ones. If you want it to handle great get progressive rear shocks and use race tech emulators on the front!!! I would tell you to get fox air shocks like mine but they are no longer made for the 11

79 xs11 standard
            8mm msd wires
            tkat fork brace...
            Fox shocks...
            mikes650 front fender
            led's gallore...
            renthal bars
            gold valve emulators
            vmax tensioner
            Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
            X