ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition

Another question folks. In the off season I would like to rewire my ignition unit where the wires meet the magnets. theyre getting spongier.right now I have new wire connected to the old.I cant see how the orginal are connected to the magnets. I cant see anyway to get at them. Mine are at that point where they should be replaced some time.what would be the best wire to use so it would last another twenty years with the heat? i dont want to touch them until I get some good advice.
    Thanks
    Steve

Pick-up Fix

Read the article related to the coil pick-up fix. I have done this it is simple and very effective. The wires are attached to the pickups in a way they can not be replaced, however what i did was to leave about 1 inch of wire attached to the pickup and solder new wires to the pick-ups (magnets), I used multi-meter pickup wires as they are very flexible. I then relpaced the wires back to the 5 pin connector behind the RH side cover. Checked all with ohm meter to check connections and then plugged in and went. I have had no trouble for several years now.

Sidebar: the magnets very seldom go bad, also be sure to adjust or at least check the clearance between the pick-up and the shaft, a paper business card should be about the right gap.
    Unless you are the lead sled dog the view never changes.

Comment

Working...
    X