Cheap 4-2 headers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap 4-2 headers???

Anyone know where to get a cheap set of 4-2 headers? I want to do custom exhaust on my bike and only need the headers so I can ran out with my pipes.

U currently have a 4-1 kerker right? How are the head pipes? Any bad dents? I have a kerker 4-1 that has one really big dent on one head pipe. If yours is better shape than mine, I'd be happy to trade straight across and u can cut, weld, chop, do whatev to them...
    BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
    80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

Mine are pretty beat up. They're banged up on the undersides.

Comment

Originally posted by rgoot01 View Post
        Mine are pretty beat up. They're banged up on the undersides.
        Hi rgoot,
        here's a thing I dreamed up to take the dents out of pipes.
        Get a yard or so of wire rope about 5/16" or 3/8" diameter.
        Get your "bro with lathe" to make you a steel egg that's a slip fit in the pipe and has a thru-hole to slide the cable through and to drill a 9" length of 5/8" threaded rod to fit the cable about 2" deep and turn the threads off the bored end.
        Swage about a 2" long steel sleeve over one end of the cable and slip the egg on.
        Swage the threaded rod onto the cable's other end.
        Drop your pullsnake through the pipe threaded rod end first until the egg hits the dent.
        Use big washers and a length of steel pipe to have the threaded end stick out just enough to spin a nut on and be able to grab the end of the threads with a vise-grip.
        Start cranking to pull the egg through the dent and push it back out again.
        The dent will come out easier if it's torched a nice red but that'll eff up any chance of salvaging the chrome.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I have though about something similar. By getting a cheap exhast pipe expander and trying to access it with a series of extensions and universals. I only dream of having a friend with a lathe.
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
          X