The xs11.com banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The xs11.com banner

on top, the yellow banner with the 11's on it, what fairing is on the orange and white one, i've been looking for something along that style... i would love to have that one but if anyone knows where to get similar ones, i would appreciate it if you would let me know where i could find some, i will make the bracket to make the fairing fit so it really doesn't need to be for a xs11, and i also don't care if i have to get different headlights for it either, just kinda curious, and thanks
    Eric Haarstad
    Minnesota

1979 XS1100 Special

ive been looking for something like that for a while too.... i belive that bike belongs to someone in Europe.....i think its off a Yamaha crotch rocket.....if im not mistaken the whole front end is off a sport bike....forks, fairing, handlebars ect......
    '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
    Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
    4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
    Windjammer(wiring issues)
    SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
    New paint/brakes to come!!
    ===============
    '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
    ===============
    '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
    Stock Pilots/125 mains
    Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
    SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
    LED Brake Lite
    Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

That bike belongs to Mathh... I believe when he introduced himself, he wrote up what parts came off what bikes.

Try this thread
      Last edited by Wildkat; 09-24-2010, 07:15 AM.
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

You are amazing, unfortunately it doesn't say what exactly the fairing is but i took a wild guess and looked up some FZR1000 fairings and i came up with this site http://www.beasleycomposites.com/racebike_yamaha.htm i think i can make these work, i just have to pick out the one that i think would look the best and hobble up a mounting bracket to make it sit right, obviously i'm gonna have to make sure i can find some headlights for it before i go off and buy all this but this is a good starting place, thank you again, that's exactly what i was hoping someone would post you made my day
        Eric Haarstad
        Minnesota

1979 XS1100 Special

Comment

Hey Eric where in MN are you located. I just moved outs MN and I know there are quite a few xsers in the cities that are on here and several that re not on here. Could always hook up with some of them and get some hands on advice and help too, plus its always nice to ride with other xsers.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I live in Dexter MN, about a half hour southwest of Rochester, my dad also has a 1979 XS1100 special, his is completely stock though.
            Eric Haarstad
            Minnesota

1979 XS1100 Special

Comment

Hmmm don't thinly I know anyone over in that area. There is probably someone though!
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

i haven't saw anyone with an xs but i have people come up to me everyday that i ride telling me how much they love the bike and they tell me never to sell it, i love getting compliments on it and it looks nice when my dad is on his stock xs, i'm on mine and my bro is on his '01 CBR 929, we kinda have a cruiser to sporty thing going lol
                Eric Haarstad
                Minnesota

1979 XS1100 Special

Comment

Glad I could help
                  (you kinda made my day too)

Please post pics along the way...
                  We like pics

Best of luck and enjoy!
                  81 SH Something Special
                  81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

Welcome Eric,
                    I'm close and you missed a great rally I hosted back in August under the rallies section "Lost in MN".

Last name sounds like a Harmony MN name????
                    XJ1100 Ruby Red
                    XS1100LH "Midnight"
                    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Original thread with description of bike build is here:

New member:TurboXS, super modded

A little more than just a modified fairing. Pretty much the only original item on the bike is the XS1100 engine, which begs the question of whether it is still an "XS1100."
                      1981 XS1100SH

Comment

Well Wildkat, I'm glad i could do that for you

and i do not have any relatives in harmony though but a rally would've been fun, hopefully next year?

and that guy did do a lot to the bike, once you put a whole new front end on it, it does kind of take it off of the xs list but all i'm looking for is some new plastic, i'm keeping the frame all original lol, but i do still like the looks of his bike
                        Eric Haarstad
                        Minnesota

1979 XS1100 Special

Comment

Working...
                        X