Dynojet Rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynojet Rocks!

Just put the Stage 3 kit on my frankenbike and it was the easiest and best mod I've done so far. followed the instructions and had the carbs out and back in in about a hour and a half.....that even included some beer breaks. Took it for a ride today and it was great! If anyone out there is modding your airbox and exhaust and are having trouble tuning buy the dynojet kit it will save you tons of time! Best 80 bucks I've ever spent on this bike.
    1980 XS1100G
    Tulsa, OK

Whats your source for the kits? Also, your carbs are the 80 type right...? I dont think they are available for 78-79 are they?
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

no they wont fit on the earlyer carbs (78-79). but i dont know if you can swap the later carbs(81-82) over to the 78-79 motor with ease or if it will need minor/sever moding. but im pretty sure somone here will chime in about that....( sorry for the hyjack)
      _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
      1980 gs1000g "stock"
      1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
      2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

You can put later carbs on early engines and vise versa. Just as long as all 4 carbs are the same.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

If you were enough of a masochist you could probably get a mixed set to work, but *I* wouldn't want to try and make it work.
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
            If you were enough of a masochist you could probably get a mixed set to work, but *I* wouldn't want to try and make it work.
            True, I guess it just depends on how much work you want.
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I found my kit on ebay for 81 dollars shipped from chapparal motorsports. brand new just really dusty box.
              1980 XS1100G
              Tulsa, OK

Comment

Originally posted by MeatTooth View Post
                brand new just really dusty box.
                It always amazes me how some people will sell stuff with decades of dirt on it... It would take just a few minutes (or even seconds) to clean things up and make it more presentable.
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                -H. Ford

Comment

I've got a 78 and therefore I guess...'no soupa for you!' but I am curious, what exactly is a dynojet kit and can it be replicated and/or modded?
                  '78 E "Stormbringer"

Purrs like a kitten, roars like a lion, runs like a gazelle (being chased by a cheetah).

pics http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/...tormbringer45/

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerMike View Post
                    I've got a 78 and therefore I guess...'no soupa for you!' but I am curious, what exactly is a dynojet kit and can it be replicated and/or modded?
                    For 80 carbs the kit comes with 4 slide needles , #124,#128,#138 main jets and #190 air jets.
                    BDF Special
                    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
                    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerMike View Post
                      Hi, Mike.
                      No, I wouldn't advise trying to replicate it.

IMHO, (speaking from experience, since I've installed one on my XJ and had amazing results,) they have really done their homework on these kits.

I personally think the secret's in the needles. Compared to XJ stockers, totally different length, taper... design.

Wish I'd have found his ebay source price though! I had to give $125 for mine.
                      Put it in last year, and it's already paid for itself in increased mpg's, reliability, and performance gains.

The kit comes w/ different jets, needles, and a drill bit to enlarge the air hole for the slides.
                      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
                        Hi, Mike.
                        No, I wouldn't advise trying to replicate it.

IMHO, (speaking from experience, since I've installed one on my XJ and had amazing results,) they have really done their homework on these kits.

I personally think the secret's in the needles. Compared to XJ stockers, totally different length, taper... design.

Wish I'd have found his ebay source price though! I had to give $125 for mine.
                        Put it in last year, and it's already paid for itself in increased mpg's, reliability, and performance gains.

The kit comes w/ different jets, needles, and a drill bit to enlarge the air hole for the slides.
                        Ya, No soupa for me!
                        '78 E "Stormbringer"

Purrs like a kitten, roars like a lion, runs like a gazelle (being chased by a cheetah).

pics http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/...tormbringer45/

Comment

Working...
                        X