XJ1100 heel toe shifer????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ1100 heel toe shifer????

Just curious, does anyone know if they make such an animal? I have used them on other big bikes and was wondering if there was a source for one for the XJ1100. Thanks

i have seen them on ebay. did you do a search on here for them?
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAH...Q5fAccessories
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

Markland used to make them specific to the XS. I know, because I have one on my XS11. The model specific for XS has been out of production for decades, Markland told me. However, if you could find another bike that has the same spline pattern on the shifter, that would work. Markland still makes them for Goldwings (which I think if some sort of discrimination), but I have never compared the Goldwing spline pattern to the XS spline pattern. Emgo also makes a clone of the Markland floorboards for the Goldwing. I haven't checked to see if they have anything for the XS, since I already have a shifter.

BTW, it is really more of a forward-heel and rear-heel shifter. The place where the shifter shaft is does not conduce to using the toe-heel shifter with your actual toe.

Patrick
        The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
        1969 Yamaha DT1B
        Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Or, if you just want the shifter and not the full forward control kit, a shifter from a Honda 90 works just fine.

I used the bolt from the stock XJ shifter. With the mini-floorboards the shifter is tilted 1 spline down from stock.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Hey Jerry what are your floorboards from? and are they mounted like the stock pegs?
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
              Hey Jerry what are your floorboards from? and are they mounted like the stock pegs?
              Did you ever get an answer?
              Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Comment

The heel/toe shifter works off several of the Honda bikes. I had several extras lying around and tried them, they all worked. The ones off of the CT70's work and the one off of my Honda Nice motor also worked. Ended up after adjusting clutch and replacing cables and levers, didn't need one, shifts smooth as can be. Thanks

Comment

I have a real nice one on my parts bike but the screw is rusted in and I haven't felt like drilling it yet.

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Sorry, have been out for several days. Mini-floorboards are marketed to HD owners. These have rubber isolators between the top and bottom layers, other models are thinner. I bought this set on ebay without mounts (Drag Specialties) and built my own. Stock kit has adjustable mounts, forward-back and up-down and you can adjust the angle. My mounts do the same but as not as slick. Stock pegs use a long rivit, I drilled out the bottom end and replaced them with bolts. Stock footpeg mount is a little wider than the "new" mount, so I added a washer to shim the new mount in the existing fitting. Right-side mount is a little longer than left to clear the rear brake lever. Boards are tilted down slightly which makes for a more comfortable foot angle.

Right floorboard:

Mount holes are drilled offset as originals, so floorboards will flip up if the bike gets laid over. I had set the XJ up for long-haul comfort, and have run these boards since late summer of 2002. You do loose some clearance - I dropped them about an inch from stock height for a better angle on the knee - but are far more comfortable than stock pegs over a long ride.

J&P Cycles had quote a range of boards available list time I checked. (www.jpcycles.com) The units closest to mine are:
                    http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5500...Ntk=All&Nao=80
                    Price is about $120.00.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.
                    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                    X